1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

2. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Quote:I have not said how frequent the problem occurs no matter how strained your attempts to suggest that I have. It simply did not happen. I stand by what I said, but I can't answer for what you want to read into my posts. In contrast, you HAVE said that the problem is "relatively minor and infrequent". May I inquire as to your basis for this assertion - or are you just making it up? And again - if shoes exhibit bowing fresh out of the box and placed on a store shelf - how is describing the loss of shape in a gentle breeze an exaggeration? Is it somehow less of a problem that they lose their shape in no breeze at all - gentle or otherwise? All on their own? Just sitting there in a climate-controlled store in a climate-controlled mall? Once more - I never mentioned $400. That is yet another fabrication on your part. I said $350 - which is pretty much an average retail price for AE shoes in my neighborhood, not counting the significantly more expensive shell.

3. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Quote:Good. That's a start, at least.

4. chinngiskhaan

5. chinngiskhaan

[​IMG]

It's ironic that this is all happening just a day or two after our conversation about misunderstandings in posts on the forum.

6. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Quote:No. I didn't. I said $350. Go back and read posts 36351, 356 and 382 again. Those are the only posts that I can see where I mentioned price. On each occasion, I said $350. Not $350+. Not $400. Or you could just keep up with your buddy New Shoes and make stuff up instead. Not that it really matters. Whatever price point you wish to assign to AE or their competitors is just a red herring. I don't think the bowing is acceptable from AE. You are free to think what you like. It doesn't matter to me that you hold a different view - I don't expect everyone to see things the way that I do. I do find it curious, however, that it seems to matter very much to others that I hold a different view.

7. chinngiskhaan

8. Sprint76

Sprint76 Member

Yep, exact same issue (see pic). I paid well under $200 for these, so it doesn't bother me. Had I paid more, I'd be a little more anxious.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

can we move along? Roger expects more from AE for his money, you expect better photos on the AE website, everyone has their own opinion and lets just leave it at that

1 person likes this.
  10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

So.. when is the next sale gents? Want to pick up some seconds.

11. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

I got an email yesterday stating 30-40% off select seconds, not sure which models are included though

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a 2 for $x sale soon.

14. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

I haven't got that email yet... only the Web Gems email in Brown Burnished on Tuesday..

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I spoke with Phil/Vincenzo at ShoeBank and they said Februrary is when there is usually a ~15% off factory seconds and then closeout sales on select models.

15. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

16. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

the only pair listed on the email was the fifth street for $199, I think one would need to email the outlets for a list of what is included in the sale

17. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Well-Known Member

This thread is more fun when people post pictures of their new shoes, shells after a few years of wearing in, and post-shine/care! I love AE shoes and have paid a variety of prices for all of them (ebay, seconds, Nordstrom, full price shells) and enjoy wearing them and receiving compliments for having "nice shoes, dude!"

18. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

I received an email yesterday or the day before that the Strandmok in blue suede were on sale for $199. Think the email was titled Winter Blues or something. I was tempted as I've always wanted a pair of blue suede shoes. I just think there are few options for pairing them with anything other than jeans.

19. chris45

chris45 Well-Known Member

I just sent an email to the outlet requesting additional information on 30-40% seconds sale mentioned above.. hopefully will hear something soon and will be able to post.

20. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Khaki's and cords as well! It'd probably work well with some wool/tweed/flannel pants too!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.