• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Copeland

Reaction score
Is a Park Avenue in Walnut sort of pointless?
At $229 or less per pair on sale - you may find the opinions mixed in favor of the calf. Ask any AE manager about the numbers of calf sold opposed to shell. The calf is going to give almost immediate more comfortable fit to most folks, even though shell owners may find the comfort of a new shell for them is almost immediate. But moreover, the leathers are different - and there is no question about how the choice of a comfortable leather will reflect on comfort.

For the care and feeding of calf, just make sure they are maintained regular for that near-new out-of-the-box look.

(My personal opinion, not representative of all views here)

David

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FIFTH AVENUE: $239.00 with 15% off coupon (EB2S1)

Excellent coupon find!

That increases the potential savings of other styles to nearly $200 OFF on the Long Branch and other styles!

No, they are all FIRSTS and come from the inventory overages at zappos.com - which owns 6pm.com
Yes I found that code real quick yesterday right before hitting the order button. I was pleased that it had still worked.

Note that coupon seems to have expired or is not working correctly. 6PM only appears to accept 4 character codes, at least in the browsers I tried.

Yes, it looks like the coupon has expired. Another search I did said they issues 50,000 of these coupons worldwide - and I guess the previous member who posted the coupon was able to get in while it lasted.

Still an excellent price without the coupon.
I was going to order the boots regardless of the coupon code working or not, but when it did work, I was rather pleased to be within the 50K code user. Not sure when the code was released, but as of yesterday, I still was able to. I think they labeled it as "back to school" code.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
Finally found myself a nice pair of merlot McAllister on eBay - very pleased! J (sorry for crappy iPhone pic, this was after a quick wipedown, and coat of AE merlot polish, then buff)
Those are nice man! Enjoy them in good health.

frogwash

Reaction score

Is a Park Avenue in Walnut sort of pointless?

At $229 or less per pair on sale - you may find the opinions mixed in favor of the calf.  Ask any AE manager about the numbers of calf sold opposed to shell.  The calf is going to give almost immediate more comfortable fit to most folks, even though shell owners may find the comfort of a new shell for them is almost immediate.  But moreover, the leathers are different - and there is no question about how the choice of a comfortable leather will reflect on comfort.

For the care and feeding of calf, just make sure they are maintained regular for that near-new out-of-the-box look.

(My personal opinion, not representative of all views here)

David

He already ruled the Walnut out a few posts back, but your thoughts on the comfort and immediacy of such are pure brilliance. I had no idea that choosing a comfortable leather reflected on shoe comfort. Thank you for sharing your well thought out bs. :nodding:

Busa

Reaction score
I own and love Saddleback stuff, but for a wallet I am a purist and a minimalist. This company makes a no-compromise pure leather wallet with no cardboard, and no nylon or anything other than quality leather in it, and they start at around fifty bucks.

http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com

I own the #2 and it is about 1/2" thick unless you stuff crap into it- no chiropractor wallet for me... : )

Take a look around the Saddleback thread for examples of their wallet. The two have fundamentally different design aesthetics; AE is more appropriate to use in more upscale settings, while Saddleback gear will be roughly twice as thick and can allegedly survive massive amounts of abuse but won't fit quite so well in a fancy restaurant.

I found a viable alternative from Mitchell that I use daily... it was nice to email the owner and select the specific leathers used in its construction.

tietherope

Reaction score
I was in the middle of buying a pair of Amoks from Jeffersonville when we were informed of the 2 for $250 sale. I ended up kicking the Amoks aside and instead ordered a pair of Malverns in brogue suede and a pair of Elgins in tan. These aren't shoes I would have regularly purchased, but for the price without having to buy them off Ebay I couldn't say no.

Collection will be: Merlot McAllister, Walnut Strand, Brogue Malvern, Tan Elgin, Sandlot Boat Shoes, Ballpark Boat Shoes.

Now I return to my usual wanted list: Neumok in snuff suede (working on it with a Nordstrom manager), Dark Cognac McTavish, Walnut McAllister, Brown or Bourbon Strand.

Edit: The Neumok in Snuff Suede has gone through at the Nordstrom sale price with free shipping to Canada. Thank you very much David!

Last edited:

Subutai

Reaction score

I have now passed the 12 week mark of wait for my MTO's...Anyone else waited that long or am I the lucky winner?

You are not alone. I've been waiting since mid May. I have given up trying to get a response or an update. Mine aren't even shell; I'm sure they'll look great once they arrive but an update would be appreciated.

Subutai

Reaction score

I have now passed the 12 week mark of wait for my MTO's...Anyone else waited that long or am I the lucky winner?

You are not alone. I've been waiting since mid May. I have given up trying to get a response or an update. Mine aren't even shell; I'm sure they'll look great once they arrive but an update would be appreciated.

Subutai

Reaction score

delmar

Reaction score
My seven pairs of Allen-Edmonds shoes, none of which have ever had any problems of any sort at all.....

If you don't mind me asking, what do you use to shine your Ridgeways? I have a pair and all I've used is AE Leather Lotion and they don't look nearly as nice as yours. I was afraid to use anything else since I didn't want to mess up the contrasting orange stitching, but whatever it is you used hasn't hurt. Mine are the original webgem Ridgeways but the box does say cognac--if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads