1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

The Hale I belive

2. catside

catside Well-Known Member

I am awfully happy with mine. They are exactly worth the shoe bank price and not that retail. Now 744 is a different story. I would have bought one and did not feel any redundancy except Mrs CAT begs to differ. So shells are not on sale?

3. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

4. wangcanjoion

wangcanjoion New Member

get a lot more love around here if they could return to the quality and styles they offered in ye olde days. The Classic Collection is a good start in that direction, but they could do more to better execute these shoes.thanks for your sharing
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  5. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

GeneralW, yep, the brown would have been a consideration right off, but I have a couple of deep brown shoes, although neither is an AE (a sassetti and a magnanni); walnut not in my shoe rotation yet (Dalton boot though). They have chocolate, walnut and black in my size. Thinking about my suit colors & patterns/fabrics, the walnut should be slipped on regularly...all part of my due diligence! Good call though, as it (brown) would get plenty of love.

6. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that the colors are so similar, but, I don't see it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    side by side, they look nothing alike... walnut is much redder and it doesn't have the depth from the burnish like the bourbon. I think both are sick! If the walnut FA doesn't look nice, though, I may go back for chocolate brown...

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

My man, here are some pictures. Sorry they are kind of blurry. I believe the inner is unlined, or at least not lined like traditional AE dress shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they are quite nice looking and for a dress boot alternative to the Fifth Street, $197 is a steal.

8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Whoa! @kwhite

9. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Well-Known Member

Local store associate confirmed the MacAdam is full calf leather (not corrected) but stiffer than what would normally go into the fifth street and other shoes. He said its not uncommon for AE to make one-off shoes for a sale when they have extra leathers lying around. They probably got in a batch of overly stiff calfskin at some point and are now getting rid of it.

I will likely be grabbing a pair in my size. They have not received the carson city yet, but I might swing by when they do. Honestly, that wedge sole just kills it for me. Such a shame...

10. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

lol what'd I do?

11. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

For a guy who wasn't coming back, you sure made your way back quickly. I love it when guys say "I'm not going to read your response" or "I'm not coming back." You know that they can't resist crawling back, lol

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

It's better this way. Anyone else having a beer? I've got this one and the forum to distract me from getting work done!

[​IMG]

13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Blue Daltons , man that is unique.

14. cincikid

It's been a bit slow here tonight and I am afraid we are getting into a usual weekend mode. Wish we had had an Alden-thread activity here: I swear there's a new post there virtually any time I hit the refresh button. Alden folks are really hard core. C'mon, keep up the AE spirit, let's post more stuff here; I am bored (went to the fridge to grab a bottle)

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I swear by the old gods and the new, if that brown Aberdeen is still on the list for my size next Friday, I'm definitely snapping it up for $99.

I'm looking for a good lug sole shoe to upgrade my all weather, playground friendly beater shoes from these Clark's that the sole is peeling off of. I'm a little nervous about sizing the 2 last from everything I've read here. Has anyone had luck with this particular shoe (as opposed to the players)? Im a 10.5 3E in the 5 and 1 lasts.

16. dawkplex

dawkplex Member

So what are you guys picking up during this Black Friday/November sale that AE's got going on? I'm considering the Long Branch, but unsure if it's worth the price, and intrigued by the McAdam.

17. cincikid

Aberdeen is pretty awesome. I also like the Big Sur (another closeout) but I'd take Aberdeen over it any time.

18. cincikid

Completely off-topic, but since there's no dedicated Sebago thread, I thought I'd post a few pics here. These are navy CXL (which, I wish, AE stocked, btw) and are handsewn in Maine, US of A. The retail is north of $400, but they are on Amazon at 60% off or something.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Please excuse the (Happy) socks. I was too excited to try on the shoes and too tired to take them off.

19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Better picture from my Nikon of my Walnut Shell Strands from Wednesday...

[​IMG]

-Mike

20. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

A FA at $169 is a great deal but remember, the Tanger Outlets have a 20% off offer you can use at the Jeffrsonville outlet. That would knock the Cambridge down to about $359.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.