1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I thought the Bayfield was just on sale at Lands End? Maybe that is done.

2. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

I scooped a pair on Lands End a couple weeks ago at a screaming hot price! They're still on sale, but about $60 more than I paid...and I just checked - only 3 sizes available. BTW I think there was some concern expressed here that they might be inferior quality or something, hence the reason they were flushing them out. Mine are pristine, and fit amazingly! The mini-lug sole is exactly what the Dr ordered...love them.

3. GeneralW

GeneralW Well-Known Member

How were you able to get them at a further discount than what's offered now?

4. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

HellifIknow? When I ordered they were $225Cdn or so, and while I was waiting for mine to arrive, I went back online and looked...they were up to $285Cdn...and I see they're still $285Cdn. Luck of the draw? I just happened to read on this thread that they had a sale on them, logged in and snapped up a pair. Seems now that my timing was impeccable! Now I just need the weather to change...haha.

5. GeneralW

GeneralW Well-Known Member

I see, I thought you had a coupon or something, I'm definitely jealous. At the current price I'm better off getting Long Branch seconds. Post pics when you wear them!

6. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Well-Known Member

0-2 on shell so far.

Last week, brown cordovan Patriot webgems failed inspection, this week resulted in the same for the webgem brown cordovan Jeffersons.

However, my burgundy cordovan Daltons may be shipping any day now. Fingers crossed.

7. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Well-Known Member

Lands End was running a 25% off all shoes sale, which applied to already discounted prices (thus the bayfields going down from 280 to 220 cdn)

8. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but before I wear my Long Branch boots what should I put on them for protection?

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

You can use obenaufs.

10. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

That's it! I knew someone would chime in. Works for me!

11. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

I rubbed my Bayfields down with a generous slathering of Obenauf's. Now I'm secretly cheering for crappy weather! :slayer:

12. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Well-Known Member

So I should use the Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP or the Watershield (or both)? This is better than any AE products? I'd like to wear them this weekend, but maybe I should treat them first...

13. RefleX

RefleX Well-Known Member

I don't know if I should give up on Park Avenues or not. EVERY single pair I've gotten from Nordstrom's is defective. The last one, the left side fits like a D not EEE. Meanwhile, the other two pairs fit like normal, except the rear quarters are stretched out. Should I be contacting AE directly?

14. RefleX

RefleX Well-Known Member

And to add to this, my 11 EEE Strands fit perfectly.

15. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

The Hancock (Indpendence collection).

There's also the Sanford, but that may be discontinued or only sold at Nordies (cant remember). I've seen the Madison Ave at nordstrom rack. I'm pretty sure they don't make that anymore.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  16. DHD28

DHD28 Well-Known Member

Seasoned AE Vets,

Was wondering if AE does anything special for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. If so, what were the past two or three Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials like?

17. 850csi

850csi Well-Known Member

FWIW the Sanford, at least mine, is a half brogue blucher.

18. BCer

BCer Well-Known Member

I just used Obenauf's LP. And as an FYI, I got mine at a Cabelas - they had big displays of the LP and Oil. I got some of each. LP is totally natural and a great skin moisturizer, so you dip your fingers in and slather it onto your boots with your bare hands - your skin warmth liquified it and helps it absorb. Leather is an animal's skin - you wouldn't use a cotton cloth to rub moisturizer into your own hands, so don't for your shoes either.

19. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

So is Hancock.

20. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Take your pair to an AE store and see what they can do. I can almost guarantee they will help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.