1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

...but they'll take $10 off of each pair as a restocking fee.

2. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

I was assuming one already owned an excessive number of shell shoes :)

I was just thinking that I'm getting more interested in shell cordovan and I think if I were to spend a little extra on a new wallet I'd get one (or two) made in shell.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  3. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

Only if we are talking about seconds. I am not aware of any 10% off for the seconds, so I assumed OP talked about the firsts.

4. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Try meltonian "cream" polish. Not wax based. I think cream polishes have a touch of conditioner. It could be just dried out.

5. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

well... yeah... If one spends excessive amounts of money on shoes why wouldn't they spend excessive amounts of money on a wallet?

I spend no more than $50-$100 on what I want for myself that isn't necessary each month. I have one pair of AE shoes and I am saving up every dime of spending money until I have enough to buy my next pair. I have 1 wife, 1 son, 1 job, and zero college degrees at the moment (working on that currently). I am 24 years old.

Even if I had the money, I doubt I could justify to myself paying $200+ for a wallet. Having nice shoes is something I consider a luxury, and a worthwhile allocation of my resources therefor I can justify spending money on shoes so long as I'm not spending money on other frivolous things (video games, dvds...). I would honestly feel guilty if I spent $200+ on something that is completely 100% not a necessity in any way. Isn't there something better that could be done with that $200? There is absolutely no justifiable reason for me to spend $200+ on a glorified debit card holder.

I don't mean to be rude... and I'm not making judgements on other people, this is just my thinking. If the only reason I can think of for purchasing something is "why not? I have the money!" then it's a purchase that shouldn't be made.

6. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

No judgments. I understand and I hope I didn't come off rude in any way either. It's definitely all luxury items in the end and what one values monetarily is in itself, personal.

7. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

You probably just used too much water. Let them sit overnight and see how they look in the morning.

8. lostron

lostron Well-Known Member

I got the neumora a few months ago but really regret that I did not wait for the Mora 2..

9. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Well-Known Member

I think I'm in for one more big splurge during this RDA sale.

I'm already in for the webgem brown cordovan Jeffersons and Patriots. I do have burgundy calf Patriots, but I feel tempted to pick up their burgundy shell counterparts as well. However, I'm starting feel like maybe I need some shell Dalton's instead. How do you guys size these boots?

My Patriots are 10 EEE. I'm wearing Park Aves today in 11D, they are wide enough but a bit too long for optimal fit. My McAllisters are also 11D but they are narrower than my Park Ave's. I ordered the Jeffersons in 10.5E so I hope that works. Any advice on Dalton's?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Why yes, walnut Dalton go great with black pants.[​IMG]

11. cannan

cannan Well-Known Member

I purchased these back in July...but today is the first day on the job. Going to try on some Dalton's at lunch today since I've been itching for a pair of boots for the fall and winter.

[​IMG]

12. MKJ1

MKJ1 Active Member

Does anyone know if the Townleys are available for MTO? If so, how is the fit compared to the 5 lasted shoes and Delrays? Thanks

13. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Great collection! What is that wholecut next to the suede neumok?

14. ridethecliche

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I'd use the dalton as a heavy duty winter boot. I'll wear mine through the winter, but probably only on non-sloppy days. I'm trying to see if I can pick up a pair of long branches or frye boots that have lugged soles for the truly gross days up here in boston.

On that note, do people prefer leather protectant or mink oil to treat boots for the slop?

15. rpearlberg

rpearlberg Well-Known Member

Where did you get the code?

16. ridethecliche

Yeah, I'd love that code!

17. ridethecliche

Also, does anyone have the shaker height boot? Those look like they could actually be fun in black.. that is if they decide to make it in black!

18. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Nice boots. Bad pairing.

1 person likes this.
  19. ridethecliche

:p

Dare to be a little bold haha. I wear tan shoes with black pants sometimes as well.

You know... the old black and tan!

20. cannan

cannan Well-Known Member

I agree, definitely not for heavy duty winter use. If I have to walk the 30 steps from my parking lot to the office then I just wear my "snow boots" then change out. I work out in the mornings anyway, so I hardly ever wear my shoes to the office. If the winter gets really bad here in VA I just store my shoes at the office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.