1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

You have to call or email one of the Allen Edmonds outlet locations. Just type "Allen Edmonds outlet locations" into Google for a list and contact information.

2. Kap120

Kap120 Well-Known Member

Appreciate it. Will they all have their own listings or will all stock be consolidated?

3. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Nice. Do the players come in darker brown or chocolate?

4. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Consolidated. I would call first thing tomorrow and have an idea of what shoes you wanted. Maybe e mail them today and get a list. Shoebank@allenedmonds.com

5. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

The Players are discontinued now, but the came in black, "bitter chocolate" suede, white suede (!) and a navy suede (!!). You can still find some at nordstrom rack, or even a nordstrom if you're lucky.

Personally I hope they bring them back because the navy suede was awesome.

6. Jon Cheddar

Jon Cheddar Member

Quote:
    I like my Kenwoods quite a bit. Got them as seconds for ~$150. They're unlined so I've read some complaints about them pulling people's socks down, but that hasn't been a problem for me and i would imagine that's mostly a problem for people who do not wear over the calf socks.

7. tietherope

tietherope Well-Known Member

There are Players in walnut, white suede, sand suede, and dark chocolate suede on the seconds list I obtained today.

8. XFi1382

XFi1382 Active Member

Hi guys,

I just wore my Daltons for the first day. They look great but I have some instep issues. At the end of the day, it really really hurt on the top of my feet. Should I get them stretched? Or will this completely disappear in a few wears?

Thx!

9. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Your feet with their sweat and heat are the best stretcher, see how you go with the second and third wearing. But ideally, you would only want to wear new shoes for a couple of hours first to break in.

10. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Why only a couple of hours for the first wear? Whats the science behind that?

11. Fabian43

Fabian43 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Received my 2nds walnut Mcallister today and am undecided on whether I should return them for a different pair. The finishing is disappointing on the sole/welt. I'm not sure I can permanently fix that with edge dressing. Can anyone chime in on whether its an easy fix or should I exchange them?

12. masernaut

masernaut Well-Known Member

13. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

hard to see what's wrong with it.

14. watchidiot

watchidiot Well-Known Member

First got introduced to the brand in 2011 when I bought a pair of boat shoes (Harbour). Back then I didn't know anything about the brand at all. Little did I know it was my first step into what is a very slippery slope.

Fast forward to 2013, here's the latest one to empty my pockets
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. RedLeg

RedLeg Well-Known Member

Thanks guys - I'll go ahead and give them a shot.

Certainly worth a try at that price

16. OlafG

OlafG Well-Known Member

Come on. They are seconds for a reason. I've had firsts with more flaws than that.

They are shoes after all.

17. OlafG

OlafG Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a science, but usually the cork needs to mold to your feet and it holds true for me that the shoes are uncomfortable for the first few long wears.

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I think they would look great in some kind of dark brown. I'll even take something lighter like chestnut. Not a fan of walnut. Could be an MTO.....

19. mdavis534

mdavis534 Well-Known Member

Well, I need the some feedback on cordovan macneil's fit. I wear a size 9.5D. So during this recent shell cordovan seconds sale, I order the macneil in 9.5D. I wasnt sure about the fit, so i also ordered a 10C. Out of the two pair, the leather on the 9.5D looks better, There is some slighly raised creasing on the right shoe of the 10C I find unusual (this is clearer on the last picture below). The salesman told me over the phone that this is normal, and that more people try the right shoe and that it may go away with the use of shoe trees.. Given this is my first pair of cordovan, do you think this is normal.
    Also the 9.5D pair is more even when looking at the laces. Overall the 9.5D fits better, my only concern is that the laces are close to coming together. I am worried that once the shoe breaks in, they may be a bit loose. The 10C is fits closer in the middle and towards the toe box, however, I get more heel slip on the 10C when compared to the 9.5D.

Here you can see the there isn't much of a gap on the laces of the 9.5Ds
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can see the creasing on the right shoe.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  20. BobStrauss

BobStrauss Well-Known Member

What are the most casual black AE shoes I can get? I work in a government setting and already feel a little too flashy in walnut Strands. It's a business casual, chinos and polos/shirts style environment.

McCallisters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.