1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Aaaah!

Silly me, I misread his post and obviously didn't look at the picture well enough.

I thought he was referring to the medallion perfing being slightly askew.

Oops.

Yes, I would likely return them.

2. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Now I'm tempted to grab the second pair and strip the edge to natural....

1 person likes this.
  3. mdavis534

mdavis534 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. My Merlot McAllister's are my favorite pair. But have been eying the macneils for a minute. So I went for the burgundy shell. Price was too good. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

4. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Well-Known Member

I like it! If I didn't already have the other two truffle pairs, I would have done the same.

What details did you request as far as edge trim / welt, outsole, and insole?

The Leeds are still at my folks house (sent there to save $30 in taxes) and the Rutledges are still in processing at the factory. Pictures will of course folllow once I have them in my possession.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

Definitely interested in those pics! I have a pair of cappuccino leeds in process!

6. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Comparison of Bourbon Park Avenues and Walnut Lombards in the sunlight coming through the window.

1 person likes this.
  7. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

The bourbon is a very nice color. Thanks for sharing! -Mike

8. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Well-Known Member

Just want to congratulate the thread on being the most active thread today. Let's keep up the AE enthusiasm.

9. stgrim

stgrim Well-Known Member

Full-Toe or Split-Toe shoe trees?

10. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I have both. I don't see any functional, real world difference, personally.

11. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

Remember the Shnaeutel (sp?)? Well, my Nordies rack got a new shipment of these. They were labeled "chestnut" on the box. They were calf, not suede though. Double soles, and the soles were light colored. They were kinda burnished at some areas, but they were light colored brown, maybe tan, mostly on the uppers. Didn't have my cell or I would have taken a pix. They wanted $230 for them.

12. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

In my experience the full toes fit a little tighter around the toe, so it feels more solid. Depends what you want- I use full toes in most of my shoes and split toes on my loafers to avoid any chance of stretching

13. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Well-Known Member

My friend just received the Dalton Boots and sent me pics. They have this detail on the side, these boots are seconds. I think that is the only detail they have. What do you guys think? Should I tell her to send them to Mexico or return them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that, that part as most of the time
    Is covered by the trousers, there should be no problem with it. But would like to hear from you guys.

Thanks!

14. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

I can see what you are describing clearly. The stitching where the tongue joins the vamp is also off. I think that there is definitely reason to complain and return this product. If you are not bothered with it, then it looks like it fits. Personally, I would return since it's so easy to do with Nordstroms.

15. lint

lint Member

I chatted with a rep with Nordstroms and she had no problems with the return, esp after I showed her pics. First time shopping with Nordstrom and I'm very impressed with their CS. I bought these in the US but have since returned home to Calgary and they will refund the return shipping due to the defect. Can't ask for better service than that.

16. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Will applying conditioner cleaner loosen the leather of my shoes? What I mean is, the Strands that I have are squeaky when walking, like the leather is tight.

Anyone experience that?

17. jasonmx3

jasonmx3 Well-Known Member

AE recommends the Full-Toe trees on their shoes. For other shoes, they recommend the Split-Toe. Here's their video on this:

[​IMG]

18. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

My Strand cordovans have arrived earlier today. I always knew I need to go one width up on the 5 last, but all 9.5E were sold out, so I gave a shot to 9.5D, keeping in mind that the fit of the shell might be different from the calf (I remember a SA having told me a while ago that the shell shoes tend to be roomier). To my great surprise, they ended up fitting perfectly! I also haven't been able to discern any visible imperfections (the pictures are coming).

19. mikeharo

mikeharo Well-Known Member

Did you go TTS with respect to length?

20. steve2318

steve2318 Well-Known Member

Any body purchase the Mora 2.0 yet in Bourbon?

I am really curious as to how these look in person. If anybody has seen them in person or could provide pictures that would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.