1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHESS

DHESS New Member

LOVE THOSE Chili Daltons!!!

Edit:

I don't know why the picture didn't get attached and I cannot delete. Sorry?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. DHESS

DHESS New Member

I also want the olive Neumoks. I have the Navy and wear them with jeans, khakis and grey slacks. I think the olive would wear well with the same.

3. AT83

AT83 Active Member

Haberdash Chicago shows the 744 in size 12 available on the online store.

4. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Could you try again? I'm considering ordering a pair and would love to see your picture

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Not to intrude on your conversation, but here are mine that I got as a Webgem a few months ago. They are great. But so are the walnut calf.
    [​IMG]

6. drbhrb

drbhrb Well-Known Member

Not at all, thanks! They look great. I thought the walnuts would be too flashy so my first though was chocolate but they may all be gone from the seconds sale. I'm going to try to order a pair in chili tomorrow.

7. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

In appreciation of the current sale on RLs, here are mine after a few months of wear. I purchased them the last time the Shoebank had a sale and was actually looking to buy a pair of saunders this time around but unfortunately they didn't have the color I wanted.

[​IMG]

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Those chilli daltons look pretty awesome, hopefully they come back again wouldn't miss ordering them. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the chilli on the 5th avenue boot either. That being said the bourbon portlands look pretty good too. What do AE charge to do Cappuccino bayfields?

9. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

An update with the whole family. Ive pared down my collection quite a bit. I've lost a lot of money the past few years chasing these AE sales and at the end of the day its all about fit for me. As someone with a weird shaped foot, no matter how beautiful the shoes or how great the deal, eventually your feet will tell you the truth after a few wears. Here's to me learning from my lesson, and a few lucky people out there with size 9d feet who will benefit from my loss haha!

[​IMG]

10. masernaut

masernaut Well-Known Member

Wow! I had no idea these were made in shell.

11. masernaut

masernaut Well-Known Member

Really good condition AE MacNeil in Burgundy Shell on eBay. Size 10D. Starting bid of $99.00. Good luck.

12. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

Sarcasm, or tongue in cheek, or whatever you want to call it, calling the shoes "complete garbage" is still incredibly rude and classless. Perhaps, you can get someone to fill you in on decency and manners.

13. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

if your going to continue to backtrack because you are at fault for not noticing sarcasm, you don't belong on this thread.
    And I am not trying to be decent when I say this, its the cold truth. You can't demand proper decency and manners 100% of the time...his comments were a funny lift in what discussion we had currently going on.

Get with it, or get out...

PS: It is ok to not understand sarcasm and admit to it with a laugh.

But don't try and say "I don't care if the sarcasm was apparent, it was rude and classless"

His comments were not directed towards someone, rather a pair of shoes. Don't try and take it out of context.

1 person likes this.
  14. frogwash

^^ really? I don't belong here? and I'm also not allowed to state certain things, such as my opinion?

Is this also "sarcasm" or are you just really full of yourself?

15. Snoogz

Snoogz Well-Known Member

Let me ask u this frog, what were you looking to accomplish with your statement?

16. frogwash

If I have to explain myself...

17. guasc1

guasc1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hopefully this will help to cool the spirits off a bit...
    Greetings from Italy fellow shoe lovers!
    I haven't had the chance to wear many closed shoes in the last 2 months, but man if I don't mind it!

18. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Great collection and words of wisdom that everyone should listen to. I'm pretty happy with a core rotation of 10-11 shoes. I have a pair or two that need to be replaced in a one-in, one-out manner due to fit issues (replace C&J black captoe with Carmina and replace brown Delrays with suede strand) and may find room someday for a casual boot like the Bayfield or Long Branch, but I focused on covering my basics and shoes that would get significant wear due to versatility and am pretty content with the status quo

19. Odradek

Odradek Well-Known Member

AE BB MacNeil seconds. - Problem with the heel.

Recently got my Allen Edmonds Brooks Brothers MacNeils, in Chili grain, and they look great.
    Also picked up BB Sheltons which are flawless.

Anyway, the MacNeils have some slight flaws to the finish, but nothing that would be noticed by the casual observer.
    There is however a problem with the heel of the right shoe. Basically, the left front edge of the heel touches the ground before any other part. The heel seems mis-alligned with the sole, if that makes sense. Hard to describe this, but I do feel pressure on my instep in this shoe. I've worn them about 2 or 3 times, and other than this, they are a very comfortable shoe.

[​IMG]

Since I am in England, and got these shoes delivered to my sister-in-law who lives in the US, who then brought them over to me, I can't return them.
    Is it an easy fix for a competent cobbler to do?
    I guess a "quick fix" would be to file the heel down at the left front edge, but will that work?
    The problem would only return next time new heels are put on.
    Does the heel need to be totally rebuilt?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  20. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

That is a splendid collection of shoes. I'm jealous of the loafers and pumps -- wish I could find some that fit properly (I'm in eveningwear at least a dozen times a year). Throw in a #8 gunboat and a commando-soled boot and you'd be set for literally anything :happy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.