1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suginami

suginami Member

I like them but they run very narrow.

I have the Van Ness, and they are every bit as nice looking as an AE with a leather sole.

I can also bear witness that they run narrow. I wear a 10.5EEE, and I wish I'd have gone up a half size.

2. dernsaw

dernsaw Active Member

How is it that a $295 pair of shoes can be had for $150 with a $50 discount?

It needs to be through http://www.shopmyexchange.com/. Normally, Strands run for $200 as a military discount on the AAFES website. With the code they can be had for $150.

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

It needs to be through http://www.shopmyexchange.com/. Normally, Strands run for $200 as a military discount on the AAFES website. With the code they can be had for $150.

I see.

My sister is in the af reserves.

could she get me a pair?

4. gsgleason

gsgleason Well-Known Member

I see.

My sister is in the af reserves.

could she get me a pair?

Why don't you go to the website and read about eligibility?

5. Quadcammer

ok, I suppose I'd be included under "family member of the above personnel" but I can't get my own log in for the site.

guess I'll need hers.

6. Patek14

Patek14 Well-Known Member

Sweet! I'd love to hear more.

what color are those bostons

7. Quadcammer

Why don't you go to the website and read about eligibility?

sweet, done deal.

appreciate the coupon code bud!

8. facet

facet Well-Known Member

I just bought a pair of the Augusta that I was able to get for half off; I really like the Walnut colour and think it's a beautiful shoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Onlyoneoklahoma

Onlyoneoklahoma Active Member

Those are fine looking shoes.

10. 45elkton

45elkton Well-Known Member

I love the walnut AEs, but am concerned about paying ~$300 for shoes I can really only wear with navy or olive (not a huge khaki guy).

What do you guys think about the burgandy burnish? Seems like something you could pull off with a charcoal suit as well as the colors i mentioned above. Can anyone post a real life picture? having trouble judging the ones from AE/nordstrom websites

Or should I just sack up for the walnut and know I will have them for 3-5 years if I take good care of them?

11. JGloger

JGloger Well-Known Member

I love the walnut AEs, but am concerned about paying ~$300 for shoes I can really only wear with navy or olive (not a huge khaki guy).

What do you guys think about the burgandy burnish? Seems like something you could pull off with a charcoal suit as well as the colors i mentioned above. Can anyone post a real life picture? having trouble judging the ones from AE/nordstrom websites

Or should I just sack up for the walnut and know I will have them for 3-5 years if I take good care of them?

I recently picked up a pair of Strands in walnut and they're gorgeous. I've been able to wear them with lighter grey trousers and different earth-tones (shades of brown/tan mainly) in addition to the colors you mentioned (navy, olive).

12. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Well-Known Member

I just bought a pair of the Augusta that I was able to get for half off; I really like the Walnut colour and think it's a beautiful shoe.

Wearing mine right now.

13. motelhound

motelhound New Member

I Picked up a pair of the Fairfax in Walnut at a Nordstrom Rack. Similar shoe but it is a 360 welt. I wonder how long they will keep doing the 270's?

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

I wonder how long they will keep doing the 270's?
    Provided that the demand persists it will continue a long long time to come. Welcome to Styleforum.

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

Sizing suggestions for Bayfield.

I'm a 8.5 in Macneils.

16. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

Sizing suggestions for Bayfield.

I'm a 8.5 in Macneils.

I'd suggest you try to take a look in person. I'm a 8D in PA And 5th Aves, went with a 8D Bayfield. But the boot looks really bulgy and chunky to me, almost like a work boot. I had to return them.

17. 45elkton

45elkton Well-Known Member

I am finished staring at my new AEs and going to wear them for the first time this week. Do you guys recommend scuffing up the soles a little at first or just letting them get roughed up from regular use?

18. Quadcammer

I am finished staring at my new AEs and going to wear them for the first time this week. Do you guys recommend scuffing up the soles a little at first or just letting them get roughed up from regular use?

just wear them. only takes a few minute walk on concrete to get them scuffed.

if you are only going to walk on carpet, i suggest you be careful, or scuff them first.

19. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

20. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

Hello all. I have an odd issue. I just received a pair of brown fifth avenues in size 6.5E. I noticed that they are significantly wider than my black park ave and walnut mcallisters in the exact same size. For example, the laces close all the way on this pair and the right shoe in particular is very roomy (some heel slippage).

What could account for this? Is there any way to fix it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.