• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor

Reaction score

Looking good Pastor! When the chance comes again I will pick up the burgundy to go with my brown.

I bought the burgundy patriots as well right after I got the brown ones in but I have not broken them in yet. I try to wear new shoes around the office for a week or so before I take them outside.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you explain why the flyer seems to say otherwise?
I didn't create the ad', so I can't definitively explain it, but this is a pretty common retail sales ad'. The part that they want you to see is in bold, and the details are vague. It says "Save on all seconds and closeouts." It doesn't say that there's a certain % off of everything. "Saving" could simply mean that the closeout price is lower than the original price. That's technically "saving" compared to the original price. It says 15-40 percent off. I'm sure that the closeouts are 15-40 percent lower than the original prices. It doesn't say "take an additional 15% off of everything." That's the way that people seem to be interpretting it.

AE does this EVERY time. I'm not sure why it's still confusing to people.

Last edited:

itsmejson

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of amoks 9.5D Since that was all that was left. I am a 9.5E in the strand, 9E mctavish. . My concern is it may be too small ? Anyone with input?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of amoks 9.5D Since that was all that was left. I am a 9.5E in the strand, 9E mctavish. . My concern is it may be too small ? Anyone with input?
I wear the same sizes. The 9.5D Amoks are a little snug on me in the toe area, but loose in the heel. Maybe I just need to break them in more to eliminate the slight heel slip. I don't know if there is another size that would work better for me really. The leather is so soft though, that the snugness really doesn't bother me.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
Elgin today:

Is it possible to still buy this shoe? I don't see it on the AE website? I like the look of a casual Strand. The McTavish and Neumok seem like a nice casual McAllister (although I understand the differences).

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to still buy this shoe? I don't see it on the AE website? I like the look of a casual Strand. The McTavish and Neumok seem like a nice casual McAllister (although I understand the differences).
It is not available from AE directly anymore, but AE still makes it for Brooks Brothers.

JermynStreet

Reaction score
How choice that would look in a shell makeup!1

[/quo

Fabian43

Reaction score

Quote: I wear the same sizes. The 9.5D Amoks are a little snug on me in the toe area, but loose in the heel. Maybe I just need to break them in more to eliminate the slight heel slip. I don't know if there is another size that would work better for me really. The leather is so soft though, that the snugness really doesn't bother me.
I ordered a tan Amok 10D from them yesterday. Lets keep in touch, maybe we can help each other out if the sizes don't fit us

njruss

Reaction score
From the last list I received for size 10D.

- BB
Brooks 7 Tan Calf/Linen Tan
Brooks Aberdeen Brown Grain Brown
Brooks Brothers Park Ave Brown Brown
Brooks Elgin Tan Saddle Tan
Brooks Fifth Ave Walnut Walnut
Brooks Macneil Chil Grain Chili
Brooks Newmok Snuff Suede Snuff Suede
Brooks Presidio Brown Brown
Brooks Shelton Tan Saddle Tan
Brooks Strand Walnut Walnut
Brooks Westchester Burg Burgundy

-RL (Sanderson is the only AE made for RL that I recognize)
Sanderson Tan Calf
Sanderson Tan Calf/Khakki

I am sure others can add/amend the list.
Been looking for the BB walnut strand in 8 3E. Guess I am waitlisted. Hope some show up during the 159 sale!

njruss

Reaction score
Last big sale they were $129. I hesitated and they were gone.
facepalm.gif

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is not available from AE directly anymore, but AE still makes it for Brooks Brothers.
This. Speaking of which....

I purchased the black calf PA for BB during the last sale. It has the Poron insole like it seems most of the AE for BB shoes do. It fits however due to the Poron insole my foot sits higher in the footbed and the gap at the laces is huge compared to my other shoes in the same size and last. Anyone else experience this and have you tried sizing up a half size in length and did it work? With my Bayfields I ended up going up a half size because of the Poron insole but not so sure that would work in the shoes?

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Last big sale they were $129. I hesitated and they were gone.
facepalm.gif

Was this close to buying them (puts thumb and index finger an inch apart), but I need to save up after buying 2 pair in the past 2 weeks. Plus I have this wedding thing that I am the groom in, that's kinda important to have money for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads