• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious, when did you place your order, and overall how long did it take to get them. I emailed Mr. Grangaard the day after he posted, we had an email exchange regarding the availability of the color I wanted and I placed the order last week. They told me 8 weeks. I am curious how long it took for yours once you placed the order.
I actually began emailing Paul before he made the offer on SF. I was going off of an old offer on AAAC. He responded very quickly, but then the golf collection came out and he went on vacation. I was then handed off to the afore-mentioned SWAT team. Since I knew exactly what I wanted for the McAllisters, they placed the order for me and I got them about two weeks later, which included what appears to be two screw-ups in the production process (there are now two pairs of seconds in 12EEE if anyone is interested). Overall, I have been very impressed with the entire process.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will probably cave and get them both, I feel like which ever I choose I will keep thinking about the other. Decision decisions.

dancingbear

Reaction score

The Cappuccino McAllisters are here! No flash: Flash: Flash: The toes (flash)
Those absolutely gorgeous. Congrats! Question: IRL do they appear that dark? The cappuccino Macallisters that I have from last year are more of a medium brown. Definitely lighter than the brown shell strands. You seem to have a bit of red in there too. I love that color.

cbtaylor

Reaction score
Those Macallisters are gorgeous. I hope to be able to order a cappacino MacNeil soon

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Macallisters are gorgeous....

+1

I am so glad I bought a pair of McAllister during the recent sales so that I don't have to second guess myself and drool over the pics posted by others. :)

Pastor

Reaction score
Got my Burgundy Shell Patriots in yesterday. Here are both pair together.

With the sale at the Jefferson Outlet, I got two pair of Shell Loafers for only $14 more than what one pair of equivalent Aldens cost.

I could not be happier with these purchases.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cappuccino McAllisters are here!

No flash:

Flash:

Flash:

The toes (flash)
They look great! When I talked to CS last year about a special makeup of the Dundee in cappuccino she sent me a sample of cappuccino and told me that is actually darker than Dark Brown. And the samples are. When I wear the cappuccino Dundee's it is like wearing 3 pair of shoes all in a day they change color so much. When inside they are dark but in full sunlight they are almost walnut color. Do yours do that? I should have my cappuccino MacAllister's in a month or two, in the meantime yours look pretty good to me!
Just got my latest pair. A present to myself for passing the bar exam (1 of 2, actually. Also got myself a pair of Alden 975s). Shell Cordovan Graysons. I love saving money, but something about buying firsts from the store really feels good. I feel like a man knowing what I want and willing to pay the full price. Part of me also likes paying full price knowing that I am supporting workers' in Port Washington best work. Excited to wear this shoe and remember when and why I bought them.

Congratulations on passing the bar exam and I like the presents you bought for yourself. Nicely done and well executed. I also normally purchase firsts for much the same reasons you stated.
My first pair of Allen Edmonds arrives on Monday. Its a pair of black Bentons and I plan to wear them at least four days out of the week. Ideally I should get a second pair and rotate to allow each to breathe, but I don't have the extra cash to spend at the moment. What is the best way for me to take care of a pair of Allen Edmonds that I am wearing so frequently?

Reading through this thread is definitely getting me drinking the Kool-Aid. I went with black because I thought that would be the best color to own if I could only own one pair. However, seeing all the pictures of brown/walnut/chili AE shoes has definitely made me reconsider. It just gives me another reason to get a second pair in the near future.
When you get your new shoes wear them for a few hours inside the house to make sure they fit correctly. The Benton has a rubber sole and will not need much breaking in however you do want to make sure they are the correct size. I would wear them M-W-F and rotate with the shoe you are currently wearing. And as mentioned use shoe trees when not on your feet. Once you start wearing them it will be tempting to wear them all the time but I also recommend against that. Start saving and you will be able to purchase another shoe before you know it. Keep an eye out for sales that are brought up on here. Good luck.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that is was 73 here yesterday. For the next 10 days the forecast is in the mid-70's as the high. What's snow???
It is the white heavy crap all over the place. Deck was bare when I went to bed last night.

At least 5 more inches expected today. Wearing brown shell Patriots as house slippers today but don't expect to be wearing any of my AE shoes for the next couple of days. Trees and branches are dropping all around me and expect to be running the chainsaw all weekend cleaning up around the house.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Got my Burgundy Shell Patriots in yesterday. Here are both pair together.

With the sale at the Jefferson Outlet, I got two pair of Shell Loafers for only $14 more than what one pair of equivalent Aldens cost.

I could not be happier with these purchases.
They look great!

I'm still wondering what makes these shoes "Seconds"?

I'm also starting to think I may have missed out on this great sale, even though I'm trying to keep more of my money given I am getting married next month.

May I also ask how you sized these?

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

Just got my latest pair. A present to myself for passing the bar exam (1 of 2, actually. Also got myself a pair of Alden 975s). Shell Cordovan Graysons. I love saving money, but something about buying firsts from the store really feels good. I feel like a man knowing what I want and willing to pay the full price. Part of me also likes paying full price knowing that I am supporting workers' in Port Washington best work. Excited to wear this shoe and remember when and why I bought them.

Congratulations! Great purchase as well!

Pastor

Reaction score

They look great! 

I'm still wondering what makes these shoes "Seconds"?

I'm also starting to think I may have missed out on this great sale, even though I'm trying to keep more of my money given I am getting married next month.

Here's what I came up with on the 2nds idea. On the brown pair there is a reversed piece of leather at the inside back of the heel. On one shoe the leather is dead center but on the other the leather is about 3/4" off center. No idea if this is the reason for these being labeled as seconds but it is the only thing I can find and I didn't even notice that until last night. On the burgundy shell that i just picked up I can tell that there are some inconsistencies in the finish. There is also a small indention on the side of the shoe (less than a 1/16") although it is not noticeable from more than a foot away. I'm pretty sure I can fix the finish quality with a little Saphir Reno and #8 cordovan polish.

Pastor

Reaction score

It is the white heavy crap all over the place. Deck was bare when I went to bed last night. At least 5 more inches expected today. Wearing brown shell Patriots as house slippers today but don't expect to be wearing any of my AE shoes for the next couple of days. Trees and branches are dropping all around me and expect to be running the chainsaw all weekend cleaning up around the house.
WOW! That is crazy for May.

steve2318

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the Neumok as a summer shoe??

I know it is unlined, but I am curious as to how the shoe "breaths" during warmer months.

I am looking for something that could be worn sockless with khakis/chinos/linen pants.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads