1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonesle7

jonesle7 Active Member

Looks great! I was really impressed with the Elgins that someone else posted a few weeks ago so I purchased a pair.

2. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2/$250 haul. Long Branch and Spiaggia.

Which color laces do you gents prefer on the Spiaggia?

btw...I tied the Long Branch the 'old way' and the Spiaggia the 'new way" as reference to my earlier plight.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  3. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

Keep them! Those are snazzy and a great deal. I like the green and red ones as well.

These Bayfields are jaw-dropping. Go to bed with a smile on your face tonight, rydenfan!

4. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

thanks for taking the time to post this... I guess this just confirms why I don't like aldens... because in every picture I see of them the wearers feet tend to look short and stubby. I understand why people like the patriot, especially when compared to the more expensive Aldens, but me with my "little foot" syndrome I just can't see myself wearing them with confidence... It's a me problem for sure.

5. chinngiskhaan

chinngiskhaan Well-Known Member

Yeah, all this talk about the patriots got me thinking about which slip on AE I would buy if I were to buy a pair... It would definitely be the Manchesters. I realize the patriots are very comfortable, but spending $350 on a pair of comfortable shoes is something that I just can't feel good about. I wouldn't spend the money on a pair of leeds either. For me, looks come first when it comes to shoes, not comfort. Thats just my opinion though... and I am a college student/part time worker so I don't wear them for more than 2-3 hours a week, so take my opinion for what its worth.

6. MidwestSteve

MidwestSteve Member

Recently purchased two pairs of the Cordovan Park Avenues, but was expecting more of a sheen like other non-AE cordovan shoes I've had. I know I can put a mirror shine on the toe, but doing so will be noticeably different than the rest of the shoe and I don't care for that look. I compared these shoes to my Bostonian Akrons, which have a stronger sheen. Will more of a sheen appear over time or with the proper care? If these can't approach my Bostonians, any suggestions on other non-AE (perish the thought!) shoes that are like the Park Avenues? Thanks.

7. David Copeland

David Copeland Well-Known Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    If at all possible, I would not trust any of my Allen Edmonds shoes to be recrafted by anyone except AE.

Now that you mention it, they did suggest I could avoid having my shoes returned to the original out-of-the-box fit if they were able to use the existing welt and just recraft the remaining portions of the shoes. They told me that an inspection could provide an answer to the welt issue.

8. Ctphr

Ctphr New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see a lot of vintage clothing in my side job and a million Allen Edmonds shoes. I always liked Monk Straps, but found most styles pretty bland. These little gems came around a few weeks ago and I love the lines. Horribly, they are not my size... But they hit all the right notes for me. What do you think???

Should anyone ever see an Allen Edmonds "Times Square" in 13D... Let me know please. I searched google and all over. This may be the only pair of AE Times Squares alive and well on the planet. A heartbreak, as I must now find a pair in my size!

(PS: I enjoy this appreciation thread! Thanks!)

9. David Copeland

From one Long Branch to another . . . how about a larger photo!

And did you add a shine to them?

David

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

I can snap some more pictures in the daylight but here is the Alden Naval Boot with the AE Bayfield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. deburn

deburn Well-Known Member

Why not just buy the PAs in calf?

12. delmar

delmar Well-Known Member

Those are snazzy! Too bad they don't fit.

13. David Copeland

I see you were selling these size 10b's on eBay for $499 before dropping the price to $219.

Silly question, but if someone were to locate a size 13d . . . how much would they be worth?

[​IMG]

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be the first, not thrilled about the look of those.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

$695 plus tax.

The speed hooks could not be removed but I am unsure about an alternate color

16. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Brilliant move by Rydenfan!

Buy another boot that looks similar...and you can slip 'em past the wife :)

1 person likes this.
  17. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

beyond reasonable, thanks for the info.

I've never sized up that particular model from AE. I have the same naval boot as you, how would you compare sizing?

thanks!

18. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

My new Cappuccino Shell AE PTB's IRL: :slayer:

[​IMG]

19. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

Is it just the style that you would like to see available again or would you also like to have shoes made from goats rather than from cows or horses? I'd be happy if Allen Edmonds went back to providing flat waxed laces rather than round laces.

20. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

No goat leather please, I've seen it on shoes and didn't care for it. I like the style, and agree that the flat laces are nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.