1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelN

MichaelN New Member

I guess it never hurts to ask. Is there an original post that contained his email address? I can't seem to find it. I don't see it on his blog either.

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Well-Known Member

See above!

3. David Copeland

David Copeland Well-Known Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    I followed up on another sale that was mentioned here -

Aside from the above great bargains - some of these styles ARE EVEN LOWER at Allen Edmonds Seconds Sale - 2 PAIR FOR $250 - starting today until August 4th.

Just email jville@allenedmonds.com

Tell the store what sizes you wear, and they will email back the store-wide inventory of what is available to purchase thru email or phone.

EXAMPLES in Size 11 and Size 11.5 :

FOR ONLY $125.00 (any two pair for $250):
    [​IMG]

The famous Long Branch AE Boots

EXAMPLES in Size 11 and Size 11.5 :

FOR ONLY $125.00 (any two pair for $250):
    [​IMG]
    The Dalton in Grey Calf

Many, many other styles available too! Make sure you get your AE email in and ask what is in your size to get the $125 shipped (2 for $250 deal)

Enjoy your week,

David

4. basiameda

basiameda Active Member

Using the 20% off Tanger discount I ordered a pair of Walnut Shell Dalton seconds. They came in this morning and after some renovateur and brushing, they began to look brilliant.

[​IMG]

I thought the seconds defect was sloppy brogue-ing but unfortunately, its much worse than that... there is a cut where the vamp meets the toe box... As seen below, I am using my finger to expose the vamp and the cut is not significantly noticeably when the shoes are firmly laced (not pictured)...
    [​IMG]

But when I remove the lacing its revealed that the cut is fairly large...

[​IMG]

I really want to keep this pair seeing as how there are no other seconds in my size, but given the circumstances, will the cut compromise the integrity of the shoe over time? I live near a highly skilled cobbler as well, are there any potential ways of patching the cut?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. David Copeland

David Copeland Well-Known Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Good Looking boots.

Given the amount of money you saved and having a local cobbler, I suggest having him take a look. Beats shipping and returning at this point.

David

1 person likes this.
  6. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

I agree with David. Walnut shell is apparently a rare, nigh-unattainable beast from here on out; if the boots fit well, I bet that cobbler's services would be well worth it.

7. epc2

epc2 Well-Known Member

I'm not a boot guy but those look very nice , and you got lucky with the Horween Logo.

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

^^ I agree with the others. Keep them and see if they can be repaired. Not even sure it would cause a problem if you didn't repair them unless your instep puts a lot of pressure at that point.

They are gorgeous! Congratulations and enjoy.

9. BootSpell

I wear an 8D in the Daltons (1-511) and a 7.5D for the J.Crew x Alden #8 PCT boots (Barrie). It would be hard for me to say which boots are more comfortable. Both are very comfortable. The Aldens are a little heavier than the Daltons but still very comfortable.

10. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

Just ordered the Navy Suede Spiaggia and Brown Long Branch from the Shoe Bank, 2/$250...Oh Happy Day! Hope the defects are minimal.

The Spiaggia looks to be a suede version of the McAllister, which fits a bit looser than my Strands (both of which I have in 8E). Therefore, I ordered an 8D. That will at least tell me if I should return my McAllisters for an 8D or the Spiaggia for an 8E.

11. OptoDoc

I'll look into it. Thank you, Columbo...I mean, kentyman.[​IMG]

12. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

Just ordered the brown burnished McGraws and I also went for brown Long Branches, at 2/$250! Yay!

(I had my eye on the brown Chromexcel Bayfields, but someone snagged them. Was it one of you!?)

13. OptoDoc

French-Pressed coffee, Organic Chemistry & Wingtip Boots. What a combination [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. OptoDoc

It wasn't me, but if I ever find an 8.5D Chromexcel Bayfield second, I'll be one happy man.

15. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

16. delmar

delmar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips. I'm not going to look down my nose at you for using Kiwi, your results speak for themselves. I use Kiwi polish sometimes too. I like to use the quick-shine sponges from Kiwi--I'm going to use one right now on my Ridgeways.

17. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Well-Known Member

any belt recommendations to go with tan suede amok?

18. BootSpell

Good score. I have had the waxy brown Long Branches for almost a year now and they are really growing on me. I initially got them since I really like my Daltons and the price was really good. Wasn't quite sure about them but they are now getting that "worn in" look and I am really liking them. Best to wear the heck out of them. Enjoy.

19. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Not on Alden products

20. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Well-Known Member

shameless repost - any belt recommendations to go with tan suede amok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.