1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subutai

Subutai Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I've been waiting since mid May. I have given up trying to get a response or an update. Mine aren't even shell; I'm sure they'll look great once they arrive but an update would be appreciated.

2. Subutai

3. unrooted

unrooted Well-Known Member

4. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I'm right there with ya

5. delmar

delmar Well-Known Member

6. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

I'd also be interested in info on the fit of McGraws, particularly compared to 5-last shoes like PAs and 5As.

Also any comparison between McGraws and Westchesters as far as fit or style?

Oh, and, In the non-loafer arena, how do the 4-last Long Branches fit compared to the 5-last shoes?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

8. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

This!!!!

9. Subutai

Here I was complaining a bit on my MTO...when I got home I found these waiting!

[​IMG]

My shell cordovan Dalton's! Please excuse the poor lighting and photo quality

3 people like this.
  10. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Well-Known Member

I have a wide forefoot relative to the heel and low instep. I wear a 10D in 5 last, and they feel a little loose with thinner socks. Sized down to a 9.5D for the McGraws, and they're a little tight at the toes, but I feel 10D would've been a little too big. Truthfully, I think I'm a 9.5E in all of them.

I don't know if that helps any, but yeah.

11. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

Thanks for this good news! I no longer have to consider paying an arm and an arm (need my legs for shoes) to Ball and Buck -- who no longer have the Mora in brown anyway. Surprised they're calling it Mora 2.0 if it's effectively the original Mora; my understanding is they've brought back models from the dead and even changed them without renaming them.

Any word on when this'll be available?

12. kentyman

So I really, really like these Alden's from J.Crew:

[​IMG]

I don't know exactly what it is. I think it's the fact that the heel sticks out a bit, and it looks a little short than AE offerings. Too bad I can't justify $667 for it.

13. kentyman

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

seconds pop up on ebay from time to time. and the occasional jcrew coupon that slips alden purchases through..
    I got a pair of those for 30% off last year iirc with a coupon

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Congrats sebutai. Awesome buy! Enjoy.

16. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

I have a pair and love them. Just be forewarned that the pic you posted somehow shows the boot to be sleeker than it really is. The toe box is not as flat or as low as in the pic. It's a bit higher or a bit more bulbous, although I don't mean that in a bad way. Check the Alden thread for some irl pics.

17. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

My Ridgeways are also the Horween Cognac Dublin Leather. After the Allen-Edmonds Leather Lotion, I use the Allen-Edmonds Neutral Carnuba Shoe Polish most of the time, but sometimes I use Kiwi Neutral Shoe Polish. I hope that I don't traumatize anyone out there in Cyberspace, but sometimes it seems like Kiwi polishes shine better than any of the various Allen-Edmonds products, but I didn't just say that. I am certainly not going to tell anyone that I sometimes use Kiwi Tan Shoe Polish on my Walnut Allen-Edmonds shoes or that I once used Allen-Edmonds Light Brown Shoe Cream on a pair of Walnut shoes (the Lombards) that got a little messed up and now look perfect.

18. Lexyyy

Lexyyy Member

Is your fit snug? Did you measure your feet with socks on? If so, were those thin dress socks?

19. Olifter

Olifter Well-Known Member

I also find the 5 last narrow. I have to go from a D width to an E.

20. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

As of today I am 13 weeks and 5 days for a pair of Shell Walnut MacNeils. After 10 weeks (though Iw as told 6-8 to make them when I ordered them), I was told, when I called AE, not when they called me, that my first pair did not pass inspection. Understandable, and I appreciate high standards and what a top quality product. But at that time I was told my remakes would be made in an expedited fashion, and I should be hearing rom them in 1 week or so.

It is frustrating for me. But I am still looking forward to what I know will be one of my favorite shoes. Though, not as much as I was 3+ months back when I finally pulled he trigger on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.