1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottyBoy920

ScottyBoy920 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. David Copeland

David Copeland Well-Known Member

Originally from Newport Beach - Now living in West
    Lexus has been around for a while. But the NATIONWIDE CONSUMER BEST LUXURY SEDAN for 2013 may surprise you:

Top 14 Luxury Sedans Link

3. David Copeland

Second Act:

1) RARE FIND when AE has Cordovan in SALE:

Sale Link

2) Other great prices from AE:

Link

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  4. David Copeland

Saving $135 is quite the deal as a first. I doubt you will see that again for quite a while.

5. Shiny

Shiny Well-Known Member

David,

Thanks.

I've gotten some great deals on this thread by you and other members giving each other a "heads up" of retailers having AEs on sale. Remember that Jos A Bank deal on their Park Aves? Went to a long lunch and missed that one :brick:

BTW, your second link didn't work. Thanks, again.

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

So do I Doc, Xterra Off Road model and have considered doing the Nissan Titan axle swap on it.

A good friend of mine at work is French educated Lebanese. 3 things we will never agree on- Israel, my choice in shoes and vehicles. He drives a BMW and claims that I should be driving a Mercedes-Benz. When I ask him if it comes with locking diffs front and back and what is the approach angle he rolls his eyes. Can't see me blowing through water up to the windows with a Mercedes because some beavers had built another dam along some logging road LOL. The right tool for the job......
    Had a FJ55 Toyota Landcruiser back around ~1980 in Washington State (Hood Canal side) which when I got married a few years later it was the first thing to go. The Toyota 2F engine was anemic at best so I did the Man A Fre small block conversion starting with an acid dipped bare block 350 Chevy and built it up from there. Punched it .020 over, 4 bolt main, milled the heads and pop up pistons gave compression where it ran best on 93 or 94 octane. Topped her off with a Holly 650. It was a beast but not sure where I would get fuel for her today. Last I saw of it she was headed to Adak, Alaska. In between the Nissan and Toyota I had American vehicles, but finally gave up on them.

7. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Agree with your thoughts on this.

8. Subutai

Subutai Well-Known Member

Very surprised that people on this forum/thread know what a tuk-tuk is

9. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Well-Known Member

I have walnut and merlot McAllister and I really like the merlot. The walnut of course is nice too but the merlot is more versitile. I do find that the color is very different in different lighting conditions. In the sunlight it does pop and seems to have more red to it in my experience. It's very nice. While indoors in incandescent light it has a much more muted darker tone but is still nice. I also have the burgundy/black Sheltons and I like the combo and the burgundy is pretty much the same as the merlot color IMO.

I did see some oxblood Park Aves on eBay and the color looked really nice. It has more red in it. It doesn't seem that AE makes this color any more. Finally, when I saw the merlot Park Ave in person I liked it alot. I don't really like the Park Ave in any other color.

Indoors (as they came out of the box):
    [​IMG]

10. Subutai

Subutai Well-Known Member

I'm almost sure they make E widths for the BB versions

11. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of brown strands in E width..so yes they do

12. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Well-Known Member

Those merlot McAllisters are a sight to behold. I just ordered some merlot Sanford's and I really hope they're that nice.

For those who have Dalton's, I'm really close to pulling the trigger on some walnut ones. Can anyone tell me how high they are? By that I mean measurement from floor or arch to the top of the boot.

13. SBear

SBear Well-Known Member

I was at the BB in Salt Lake City last week trying on the AE PA. They told me that BB only has it in D width and sent me around the corner to the AE store to try other widths.

14. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

they may only carry D widths in the store, but they certainly can order you different widths in my experience

15. f800gs

f800gs Well-Known Member

BB online offers D,E,EEE widths.

16. ScottyBoy920

In case you guys missed the last sale, JAB has shoe trees for Buy 1 Get 2 Free!

Enjoy the wood.

1 person likes this.
  17. tietherope

tietherope Well-Known Member

Heads up for Canada, "due to low inventory" they still won't ship here.

18. DHD28

DHD28 Well-Known Member

How is the quality of those JOSABANK shoe trees compared to the official AE ones?

Ordered the Merlot McAllisters from Shoebank this morning and they're arriving tomorrow... This is the 3rd AE pair for me in 2 months.

The Grown-Up Shoe Game is worse than crack. Before AE I was a recovering Sneaker addict.

19. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Joseph A Banks and Allen Edmonds both use Woodlore Shoe Trees.

Same Same

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  20. ScottyBoy920

I went from one pair to six within 2.5 months. It is addicting but I love the shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.