1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenewguy

thenewguy Well-Known Member

I sure wish I'd thought of that!

2. Fabian43

Fabian43 Well-Known Member

3. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

I called 2 Jos A Banks near me and they wouldn't do it, either.

Pricks... lol

4. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Well-Known Member

Hi Cold Iron,

If the hunt for dark cognac is not exclusive to AE, consider the MTO jumper boot in dark cognac by skoaktiebaloget made by carmina.

5. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Well-Known Member

Check out my latest ebay score: brand new bitter chocolate Amoks for $76 shipped! The auction says pre owned but I just received them and there is zero wear on the sole, so these were either display or just tried on a bunch of times and have no box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231005965365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They are still a little more narrow than my 10.5 wide amoks. This is an incredibly narrow shoe, even for my not all that wide foot. Im debating keeping or flipping them...

6. Aidan K

Aidan K Well-Known Member

And the dream dies, and here is its viking funeral

[​IMG]

Quote:

7. BK Pogue

BK Pogue Member

So does that mean if my order was confirmed prior to 1:30pm, it will be honored?

8. BK Pogue

BK Pogue Member

Nevermind, I need some coffee.

9. topos

topos Well-Known Member

It's certainly confusing. To add to the confustion, I both placed and received confirmation of my order before 1:30 PM AND received the follow-up email about the pricing error explaining the cancellation. I guess we'll see.

10. Aidan K

It's not that confusing - if you made your order before 1:30pm eastern, it'll be cancelled. They corrected the price at 1:30pm.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  11. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Visiting some friends in the States and doing some light hiking this weekend, so I pulled the well-worn Bayfields out of storage and got them buffed and ready to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Fabian43

So what are they offering to do as compensation? A smart management team would have understood that simply sending an email explaining a pricing error thus canceling the order would not appease most customers. Why not also include some type of discount towards other merchandise and/or a discount on these exact shoes to make up for their error? Ex. "In lieu of our pricing error, we would like to extend you a special one time discount of 25% off this exact shoe. Please call, and give this promo code to receive your discount. We appreciate your business." Something like that would go over so much better than just telling us they canceled out orders. Way to JAB, you just made it unappealing for me to do biz with you in the future.

13. Aidan K

While I would have been stoked to get my three pairs, I don't feel entitled to anything in this case. I doubt they are likely to lose much business simply because the people who jumped all over this deal are unlikely to be regular JAB shoppers anyway, especially those ordering 30 pairs to flip.

2 people like this.
  14. njruss

njruss Well-Known Member

15. LeviMay

LeviMay Well-Known Member

These are f-ing gorgeous. I'm seriously starting to regret my Wolverine purchase. I guess I have a decision to make once they arrive.

16. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

I have the fifth street boot in chocolate and the Daltons in walnut but those bayfields posted above make me want a pair. hrmm tempting! but I should probably keep saving for a Cordovan pair of boots.

Grats so some who managed to pick up some great shoes due to the pricing error, short of free pretty hard to beat that value.

17. Fabian43

I agree with your point. Maybe JAB doesn't want me as their customer anyway because while I buy quality merchandise I'm still a bargain shopper.

18. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Well-Known Member

In a world where retailers like Walmart exploit their workers at below fair market value and then saddle the taxpayers with the rest of the tab, yet still receive a healthy amount of patronage, you'll have to forgive JAB for not taking people's misplaced indignation seriously. Cash is king.

Serious kudos to the guy who ran to the store for a pricematch before word made it to the physical locations.

19. gtvisa2002

gtvisa2002 Well-Known Member

Hello Gentlemen, I have a question.

I bought McAllisters and worn them three times. My left shoe is just fine. My right shoe on the other hand makes a weird noise while walking, during the flex to be precise. It's not a squeeking sound to point issues with the leather. I hear air puffing out of the shoe noise and gives a little extra bowing while flexing and making this noise.

Any idea, tips ?

Thanks much.

P.S : I have PAs and they are perfectly fine.

20. pudman43

pudman43 Well-Known Member

Great pics Fabian, thanks again! J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.