1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Same size as my Daltons. Seeing all the amazing pics of walnut cordovan as of late isn't making the wait time for mine go by any faster.

I went with the 8.5d in both. Quick shipping from the shoe bank as well nice and easy.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. Subutai

Subutai Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I found that these Sheltons fit TTS; felt great right out of the box (which certainly isn't always the case for me). Perhaps your experience was due to the insoles. The BB versions always fit a little different for me.

3. Jmh959

Jmh959 New Member

Hello all,

After lurking through this thread for months I finally gave in and bought a pair of dalton seconds. They are quite lovely but one had quite a few blemishes. I realize they were discounted for a reason, but having never owned shoes of this quality before I was with wondering if these would buff out with a little polish and cream or if they were irreparable?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would anyone have any advice?

4. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

fantastic ! Congrats!

5. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

They are fine.

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

These are definitely awesome! And I'm very happy you have your MTOs. At the same time I'm jealous! I have to wait another day or two to get mine . . .

7. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Well-Known Member

post pics

8. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

Thank you, and all others who commented on my walnut shell Kenilworths, for the kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your MTO! It would be cool to see a lot of unique AE makeups in this thread soon.

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Just got notice that my Webgem order for the chili Daltons shipped. Looking forward to getting them; they're arriving about two weeks earlier than promised! Anybody got theirs yet? Photos?

10. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Well-Known Member

I ordered Walnut Shell Macneils. Seeing the color on yours, I even more stoked to get mine. I can't wait.

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

Quick quesion: Does a pair of McTavish fit the same as a pair of McAllister of the same size given that they are of the same last? Are there any other elements that cause them to fit differently?

I have a pair of the latter and am contemplating pulling the trigger of a pair of the former.

TIA.

12. Ulsterman

Ulsterman Well-Known Member

My Mactavish seems to feel looser whereas McAllisters fit very snugly.

13. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I sized down a half size from Mcallister to mctavish. The rough leather does not fit as tightly over the last.

14. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Well-Known Member

I was asking this same question a few pages back in the thread and the consensus was that the McTavish do run a little larger even though on the same last (presumably from the different leather quality). There was someone (maybe two folks) who said they wore the same size in both but generally they seemed to run larger. I just order a pair of Elgin seconds from the outlet which is on the same last as McAllister and McTavish. I have two McAllister so once I receive the Elgin in the same size I'll report back on the fit. I was told by the saleswoman that these are AE Elgin not the BB version.

15. rickrone

rickrone Well-Known Member

you only need 1 black shoe, get more shades of brown. the strands are a great pic. also you should add a suede shoe or loafer to your collection.
    you printed it incorrectly. you have to change the settings to actual size and not fit to page. i did this as well and there was no way I was an 11 or 11.5
    you fit is exactly like mine, you are most likely a 10D.
    I use thicker socks in my mctavish, and i use thinner dress socks in my mcallister. i have both in the same size, but with the thicker sock my mctavish fits perfectly.

16. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Well-Known Member

anyone know if they have fixed the squeaking issue with the amoks? looking to order a pair

17. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Bickmore-Guard-More-Water-Stain-Repellant/dp/B005VKIL3W

Cold Iron swears by this stuff to protect his suede footwear. On his recommendation, I purchased some and have been quite pleased with the results.

18. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

I enjoy every one of your posts for the sole reason of viewing your avatar.

Ms. Theron is aging so gracefully...[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  19. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your prompt advices. Much appreciated.

I neglected to mention that I have a pair of Ridgeway (which is presumably the same shoes as McTavish) that is half size down from my McAllister; while wearable, I find the toe area a bit snug-ger than I would have like.

With that, I have decided to order the McTavish in the same size as the McAllister. Perhaps I belong to the small minority that needs to wear the same size as their McAllister.

:fistbump:

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  20. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

Chocolate brown calf Byrons today. Usually my office is more jeans than wool and more sneakers than leather, but occasionally I get tired of not wearing a suit.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.