1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

I was comparing 3 different pairs of shoes and thought it looked humorous so I snapped a photo.

Now, can anyone identify what the 3 different pairs are? (this shouldn't be hard for all the shoe nerds in this thread)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. quickonthetree

quickonthetree Well-Known Member

I love the amount of shoes posted and while I don't hide any from my wife I do use this thread as justification. I have 43 pairs of shoes and growing with 17 of them being AE. I only have 3 pair of shell so far and looking to add more as I find things I want. I have to say it wasn't until discovering this thread I knew how many grown men have such small feet. It is difficult finding things in a 13-14 in various widths depending on the last so I can only imagine how hard it is to find a 6.5-8.
    I look forward to becoming a more active member instead of lurking for years and I'll post some pics. My Walnut and Dark Brown Shell strands are some of my favorites besides my coveted 1970s-80s Florsheim shell wingtips.

3. quickonthetree

The 17 pairs are
    Walnut Shell Strand
    Dark Brown Shell Strand
    Bourbon Strand
    Distressed Brown Nuemoks
    Navy Neumoks
    Distressed Brown Cronmoks
    Brown Suede Calhoun Chukka
    Brown Bellevue Chukka
    Tan Park Avenue
    Black Park Avenue
    Black Chester Wingtip
    Brown Neumora Double Monk
    Chocolate Newberg Double Monk
    Tan Sherwood
    Brown Bergland Captoe
    Tan McTavish
    Bourbon Dalton on order

I want to pick up some Strandmoks in various colors. Some more shell possibly Daltons.
    I will add a Long Branch, a First Ave and a Fifth Street soon.
    I wish I could find a pair of Rush Streets.

Most of my other shoes are 6 Fryes, Cheaney & Sons, 3 pair of Vintage Florsheims and a pair of navy custom Churchs with a few Johnston and Murphy tossed in for bad weather days.
    My boots not counted for really bad weather are all Wolverines which total 4 pairs lol.

I have a problem guys!!!!!

4 people like this.
  4. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Yes, no Dundee!

3 people like this.
  5. quickonthetree

Yes looking to remedy that. I have been eyeing a shell pair on the bank for awhile.

6. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

My new Dundees fit good across my instep but have a bit of heel slip. It's my understanding that slight heel slip is ok and will usually get better over time. I feel like sizing down would put the length too short. Should I give them a try for a bit to see if they stop slipping?

7. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Sunday dinner. My mistake shoes but they are so sexy.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Also no oxblood...

3 people like this.
  9. quickonthetree

I have oxblood/merlot in other makers but definitely need to add some in an AE.

1 person likes this.
  10. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

It should, but I feel its a tricky proposition (supposition?) with only 3 eyelets. What is your brannock, Dundee size, and how does the shaft fit? Any pictures?

If your instep and arch placement are good, I'm not sure sizing down will be an option. You may stop the heel slip, but mess up the fit somewhere else.

11. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

My brannock is 8D which is what I got my Dundees in. The shaft fits fine. No rubbing or anything. I have about 3/4 of an inch or so from my toe to tip of boot as seen in picture. My toe ends at the bottom of my finger in the picture. I have the Higgins Mill in 8D and it fits good. [​IMG]

12. 007Bond

007Bond Well-Known Member

I totally agree the laces can make them way less boring if you just want an easy switch.

13. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Well-Known Member

Very NICE! I LOVE mine! As I have touted to you all over and over again on this forum.

1 person likes this.
  14. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

Got a chance to take a photo. This is just the shoe, set upon the floor, left to its own devices. Nothing other than gravity is acting upon it.

[​IMG]

Yes, there's some color "splotchiness" too but the atrocious lighting setup accentuates it far more than viewing in person does. If that were the only "issue" i'd have posted about my sweet walnut strands that came in. Sadly because of this awful construction (was something twisted or torqued perhaps?) I have to call BB tomorrow and hope they'll exchange, or rather will have ANOTHER pair in my size available to do so.....

15. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Well-Known Member

I've had that "problem" for many years LOL.

16. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Not me. Three pairs, a fourth on their way. All shell.

17. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Deets???

18. quickonthetree

If you have any you don't like let me know if they're a 13.
    My Walnut Shell came from you and I love them. They are absolutely beautiful. I need to find a good picture to post up.

19. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

That was you! How was the wedding? They're all a 12 EEE. Natural, brown, and burgundy. I lied; the fourth was actually the MD chukka I had to send back due to QC. I guess I can't count.

20. quickonthetree

Yes sir it went great. Well it was a renewal since we've been married for quite awhile. I got talked into doing it again but now with the kids being part of it we think it turned out beautiful.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.