1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leisurewear

leisurewear Well-Known Member

new addition to the family. new with box first quality shell cordovan daltons bought on ebay for $420 shipped to my house. was a little worried because it's a half size smaller (but E instead of D) than what I wear on the 5 last but i couldn't pass up a price like that and the fit turned out great. pretty stoked to rock these bad boys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Back on the daily grind. Warwick Wednesday
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. bathiel

bathiel Well-Known Member

Look what the nice UPS man just dropped off. I'm so glad I was able to snag these during the BF sale after having missed out on the navy before they were discontinued. Love the look and feel of these.

[​IMG]

Bernie

5 people like this.
  4. 007Bond

007Bond Well-Known Member

I noticed that the shoebank has the Mcallister and Strands in several sizes Bourbon color for $159 if anyone is interested.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Sigh, if only they had in my sizes. I have 3 sizes that work on the 65 and not one of them is up there.

6. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

I have the navy neumok and love it. was on the fence about the cron's but i remain hopeful something ends up on the bank eventually. ;)

7. 007Bond

Sorry and seems the Bourbon is being discontinued at least that is what I was told when I called to place an order.

8. 007Bond

Yea loving the Blue I was so tempted to buy them too but I had already ordered the $99 neumoks in all 3 colors so I just had to stop myself.

9. armedferret

wait, already? that didn't take long...

10. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

They just brought it back like 2 weeks ago. It is being discontinued all over again?

11. 007Bond

Well I called the CAC to order the Bourbon Daltons for $159 and I had asked why the Bourbon was so much less than all the other colors. Then she said well we are discontinuing the Bourbon colors so that is why they are on sale as first and seconds less than all other colors.

Then I was saying but the big Bourbon sale is going on... so i guess it is the last hurrah for Bourbon before it goes.

12. armedferret

well that's strange. maybe i better snag the pair of strands i've found online before they disappear......nothing in my size on the bank. :(

13. Lobster33

Bourbon is back, but only for a limited time. It's like when they brought back merlot in June.

14. bathiel

bathiel Well-Known Member

I was not a fan of the Crons based solely on the pictures I saw. In fact, I thought it was sort of ugly. But a few months ago, while I was buying my Liverpools, my SA brought out a pair of the light brown Crons in my size he happened to have in the back. I was blown away by not only the look, but how soft the leather is. Instant purchase (and at $157) and an instant fan. But by then, virtually all of the Crons were gone, so my hope for a navy pair was dashed--until last week.

Bernie

15. Lobster33

Give it a few weeks / months. There will be some seconds popping up soon.

16. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

Are those the Sutter mills? Do you have more pics? From what I see they look even better in person.

17. armedferret

That's the plan....I'm a patient guy and have a lot of other stuff on the front burner for the next few months. :)

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Congrats they look great!

19. Lobster33

I was drooling over this picture I found of the Delray's on AE's site. I was shocked to find out there are not bourbon or brown, but dark chili. Considering the $195 sale on Delray seconds, I may reconsider these. Wow, they look stunning

.[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Weathered

Weathered Active Member

Well, I simply couldn't resist taking a shot on the $159 bourbon Daltons, so now I've got a pair in 9D on their way to me, and I'll be crossing my fingers that they fit and look great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.