1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhlducks35

nhlducks35 Well-Known Member

Walnut Strands look great in the sun

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  2. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

The closing out of the Ashton does not surprise me. I think I was one of 2 people I know of who bought them (smfdoc being the only other person on the planet I know of). While I love split-toe shoes, this one was pretty tough sell because the rubber soles are huge.

The Lasalle being discontinued at Nordstrom is a bigger surprise. That's my favorite Nordstrom shoe by far. Very comfortable and sleek. Just an excellent dress shoe if you like that look. Funny that this shoe keeps appearing and disappearing on the AE site.

Well, with the 678 being extinct, perhaps they are going to bring back the brown or chili Walton? Wouldn't that be a great shoe to bring back? It makes no sense that they only sell the black color. I would own a Walton if they offered it in browns.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. swigginton

swigginton Well-Known Member

blows whistle 15 yards for taunting! I passed on those at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale (my first time buying AEs) with the thought that I could wait till next year if I decided AE were worth the investment. Of course now I have lack of buying remorse and am eagerly waiting for their BF sale hoping they're included.

4. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Agreed- The voyager specifically. I don't know how that shoe has stuck around this long.

5. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

I don't need any more strands, but MAN is that making me reconsider

6. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Well-Known Member

I hear ya

7. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Well-Known Member

+1

I would love a brown Walton.

1 person likes this.
  8. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@chiggyv I wouldn't recommend that move. From everything I've tried, the 2592 either feels equivalent to or maybe a thumbnail larger than the 114. The e width combined with the shell will mean increased horizontal width & arch area, but if you already think the 12D length is good, the 11.5 you'll likely hit the front - and this won't and can't expand.

9. Lobster33

I think we all agree the Voyager was a mistake. As far as the road warriors, I'm assuming those are marketed at Ecco wearers and younger adults that can handle the extremely soft soles. I cannot wear them, as my legs would be in severe pain. I really like the look of the Lax in chili -- it's gorgeous color. They look much better in real life than on the site. But I would have to have them replace that soft sole. If the Lax ever goes to clearance, I might consider them and have them re-soled.

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

I do. It's damn comfortable. I have a pair of 2nds that I got for 130. It has absolutely served me well in the function of a neighborhood walking / playground / beater shoe. Is it ugly? Sure. But I have more handsome footwear for occasions when style is more important than comfort.

3 people like this.
  11. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

Some of us have three pairs.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. 007Bond

007Bond Well-Known Member

OK so I ordered my Snuff Chukka from Massdrop.

Massdrop support got back to me and said that they know that the site is incorrectly charging NJ sales tax but they can't correct the drop. So what is needed is to place the order and then from the order page email support requesting an adjustment/refund.

Now the only problem is waiting until Feb 2017 but at least I will get my Chukka's at least a year before my Tesla model 3.

13. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Suede strand Sunday. Triple threat
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been posted but lordandtaylor has a few sizes of first dundees for about $150. Good luck hunting

1 person likes this.
  16. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Arg I wish they had E widths!

17. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

18. Newberry

Wow! Thanks! They had my size and I just ordered a pair. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing because I'm trying real hard not to waste much on shoes right now. Still it was hard to say no to that offer.

19. Lobster33

I would be cautious ordering from Lord and Taylor online. Although you might be fine, there have been several websites where people have posted complaints about receiving the wrong items. They appear to be the last retailer to have bourbon Strands, but they are at full price.

20. Newberry

Yea. I've heard about complaints of people receiving the wrong size or wrong item. Good thing I have like 4 Lord and Taylor stores near me so returns should be easy if something goes wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.