• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With bourbon belts firsts all but cleared out, does anyone have experience matching other belts to AE bourbon? I've tended make shoe and belt purchases in tandem, but didn't have luck this go around. No luck at shoebank either...
I have a Magnanni belt in tobacco that I use for Bourbon. Also, there were a ton of bourbon belts at the Charlotte AE store when I was there last week.

eagleman

Reaction score
I've been a viewer of SF for a couple of years. I really enjoy reading about styles and also the opinions.

Rocking with my Rush Streets before meeting with clients.....

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's almost March (would be if it wasn't for leap year) and it's going to be 75 degrees today - so I went with woven. Chili Winhall

Uncle

Reaction score
For a 'substitute ' Bourbon belt, BBs stores have a close match. WIC14 is the model # stamped on back. In fact wear

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a viewer of SF for a couple of years. I really enjoy reading about styles and also the opinions.

Rocking with my Rush Streets before meeting with clients.....

The Rush Street gives cameras color-balance fits...

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With bourbon belts firsts all but cleared out, does anyone have experience matching other belts to AE bourbon? I've tended make shoe and belt purchases in tandem, but didn't have luck this go around. No luck at shoebank either...

Try giving a call to AE customer assistance, they can find if the belt is available in any store (as it won't show up online). If it's available, SA at the store can ship it to you.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. No one but the strictest traditionalist would have an issue with that. Down here, I see people pair beat-up loafers with formal wear. For my part, I wear my black shell Rutledges (MTO):
!!! Those are amazing! I have a new white whale ...

catlettsl

Reaction score
Off Topic: what's is the name for the style of leg break where the pant is longer in the back than the front? Someone mentioned it before....

rc121

Reaction score

Tan suede Amoks today.

really wish I would have started liking chukkas before these and the gobi got discontinued. Have one pair of gobi in sand and would love another pair in a darker brown. Not in love with the dundee 2.0 compared to the older models.

alexnb

Reaction score
Off Topic: what's is the name for the style of leg break where the pant is longer in the back than the front? Someone mentioned it before....

Assuming I understand your question, you are asking about a "full break" hem.

Basically, the hem on the leg of a pair of pants falls into 1 of 3 categories:

No break: The pants fall just to the top of the shoe -- there is no crease or "break" as the leg opening hits the shoe
Half break: This is between a full and no break. Probably the most common hem, as pants don't look too long or too short.
Full break: the back of the pants are longer than the front, and there is a significant crease/"break" as the front of the pants hits the shoe

Hopefully that is what you were looking for.

alexnb

Reaction score
really wish I would have started liking chukkas before these and the gobi got discontinued. Have one pair of gobi in sand and would love another pair in a darker brown. Not in love with the dundee 2.0 compared to the older models.

My thoughts exactly.

I have the Gobi in sand, and Dundee 2.0 in snuff, but the Dundee just doesn't do it for me as much. I wish they would have made a danite sole version, and offered a lighter brown color of suede.

FaRKle

Reaction score
The Rush Street gives cameras color-balance fits...

Yup, I almost checked my monitor color cal profile after seeing how dark those looked in the pic.

Auto white balance is a wonderful thing before posting pics
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads