1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Walnut Wednesday today.

@polishrifle , these are the LGAs. I went through some foot issues myself and tried to go the Road Warriors route. These LGAs are nice, but they are most definitely a down grade (including the quality of leather). I also bought the captoe and slip-on off the 'bay. I'm glad I didn't pay much for those, as they look super cheap and have only been worn a couple of times.

I really like the RW insoles; they work great for my flat feet and help me fill excess volume in non-RW shoes. I'd say give the LGAs a try (robably closer to brannock size than 65). That, or look at finding inserts to go in regular AEs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

@M2511, walnut Rutledge Wednesday!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    3 people like this.
  3. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

I checked all my sizes for the Rutledges, but they are extinct. A really nice shoe, and there's so many reasons to buy it. Love that they also have the old piping.

4. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fullertons. I guess I wore these pants last Wednesday too, but I don't care. What really bothers me is that they're too big.

3 people like this.
  5. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

God I'm so desperate to find a pair of these that will fit me.

Anyone want a lightly used pair of 11 Ds for a good price?

6. Lobster33

I found a new pair on Ebay that would fit me, but they are $350. These are on the 65 last, right?

7. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

They are on the 333 last. A bit wider and longer than the 65 but the length seems to be something thats just typical. I'm wearing a 9D in these which is what I wear for the 511 last. It is a little bit more snug but with the type of leather after about 3 hours of wear they feel great. For reference I typically wear 8.5EE or 9E on the 65 last.

1 person likes this.
  8. MattRiv

333. Have experience with that one?

1 person likes this.
  9. Lobster33

Oh shit -- thank you guys. I do not have any experience with the 333. I don't know why I assumed these were on the 65 or 201. [​IMG]

Makes me think twice about considering the ebay pair.

10. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

If I could have picked I'd probably still get my 65 size had they been available. Meaning 9E vs 9D that I got.

11. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

PSA: Park Ave Black Shell for sale in 9D from our ebay seller.

12. jeam3130

jeam3130 Well-Known Member

whats the lowest sale price walnut strands and black park avenues (firsts) drop to on allen edmonds website? Looking to get some gift cards from the amex deal and use them later

13. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

The lowest price that first quality current model shoes seem to go for is $150 off, so that would be $245 based on today's retail prices. As far as I've seen this only happens a couple of times per year at the Anniversary Sale and (coming soon) during the Rediscover America sale. However, the two models you have mentioned seem to receive more modest price reductions, presumably, due to their popularity. Keep your an eye out in the upcoming weeks. You might get lucky. The feeding frenzy... err, sale... begins in early October.

1 person likes this.
  14. JLC2

JLC2 Well-Known Member

How common or normal is cracking on the cap?

One of my strands has it, the other doesn't. These fit great, but the "distressed" look of the toe cap on the left shoe seems odd to me.

Will some Bick4 when I get home take care of this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MattRiv

Um, those are creases and are completely normal. Put some wax on those bad boys.

16. JLC2

JLC2 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! Which wax do you recommend?

17. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

The factory seconds usually get marked down to $229 during sales. Some other mainline models, such as the Fifth Avenue, get marked down to $199.

18. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

A VERY light application of Bick 4 ( or Lexol) may lessen those very minor creases, but creasing is going to happen no matter what. I would not use wax unless you want to put a hard shine (bulling) on those. The AE polish is (the squeeze tube) works well at putting a shine while not caking on layers of wax.

19. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

$260 during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale in July is probably the lowest price point that you will see for those shoes each year.

20. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Which prof was it?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.