1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

SLCRich's pics yesterday made me want to pull out my (dark chili) Warwicks:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

These look excellent. ..surprisingly, I think I prefer the bar/straight lacing on these

3. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Keep and enjoy.

BTW Grab a Merlot 5th while there are a few left.

Pop goes the weasel!

4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Wearing my only non-AE dress shoe. Aldwych.
    Warning: Non-AE content

[​IMG]

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Its unicorn time!! While perusing the old interwebs I ran across this pair of MacNeils for sale in Germany. These are shell spectator MacNeils. According to the website, "This particular pair of Three-Tone Spectators (Burgundy over Cream over Black) is one of two Special Order Cordovan and Scotch Grain sample made by Allen Edmonds, an experiment for their design department." They are apparently 10.5 EE in size, and cane be found by clicking here. I just thought some of you barn weasels would enjoy looking at something that is strikingly different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'll switch the lacing up for my next wear and give it a go!

7. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thinking of selling my Gobi Chukkas and picking up a pair of Dundee 2.0 Boots in snuff suede during the RDA Sale. Hmmm decisions decisions...

8. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

I agree that bar lacing looks good on most Allen Edmonds dress shoes, but I think cross lacing looks best on the Higgins Mill because it's a casual boot. Plus, natural cxl is a really casual color too. Amazing boots btw [​IMG]

9. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Where did you get them from? I thought they won't sell Loakes from overseas to the US.

10. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

@Lobster33 I tagged you lobster just in case this is where you got them, but I recall massdrop having Loakes on there at one point. I believe they were the standard captoe, is this them?

1 person likes this.
  11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

I found two options.

1. There's a guy on ebay who owns a couple of stores called North Shoes in England. He regular sells seconds on Ebay for very good prices. This is the route I chose.

2. The other option is Robinson's Shoes in Ireland will sell you 1sts for a pretty good price. You will not pay a VAT fee or shipping.

My 1880 Loakes are definitely on par with AE quality.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First outing for these Brown McGregors for today's "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." My belt sucks, but I wanted to wear the shoes. Also, first outing for this shirt. My favorite kind of day.

1 person likes this.
  13. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

Wow...you know what? I was disgracefully juggling work while "barnweaseling" here, and mistakenly thought your HM's were bar laced...i just knew I liked what I saw during the short, hurried glimpse I was able to give your pics...in looking at them closer now, theyre clearly cross laced, and thats what I meant to say that I liked. I think the fact that theyre cross laced so neatly may have thrown me off too....but yeah, point being: I like whatever lacing you have there in your pics...lol

14. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

Oxblood Strands for a sunny Thursday afternoon.

[​IMG]

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

OMG that Lobb Crepin 2009 is one of my grails for sure. I thought I had snagged one from Bespoke-England last November string the Black Friday sale, but it was sold from under me by the factory. Damn shame. They're doing one final run of this model right now before retiring it forever, but I can't afford $1700 on a pair of shoes :(

16. Marc S

Marc S Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for chiming in! I will keep them and be happy. Appreciate the opinions.

For the sake of my wife, I'm going to be done for a while now that I have the Mora's. We'll see how long a while is...

By the way, @TexasTexter , I noticed from some previous posts that your store is the Plano store. Small world! I live in Plano but the Dallas store is mine because it is fairly close to work and I can go by on my lunch break.

17. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Well-Known Member

Yea the vamp leather on mine don't seem to want to flex at all so they end up bending in the toe box and pinch my big toe a bit, almost makes me walk unnaturally. Agree on the toe volume. My SA noticed this as well when I tried them, although it's not a problem, just something unique. Hey do look damn good in the right light so I'm happy.

18. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

In the right light they look excellent, otherwise they look black which works for me as well.

Side note: Didn't Paul say on reddit that those shaker heights were going to be making a return this year or is this me being hopeful. I'm in Florida but I would find a way to wear them.

19. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

Quote: I looked through the last two AMAs and saw that there was some discussion of bringing back the Bayfield, but I don't see anything about the Shakers. And the ultimate answer on the Bayfields was "no."

1 person likes this.
  20. roz77

roz77 Well-Known Member

What do you all use to apply polish to your shoes? I've found that using AE's polish with the built-in sponge applicator can be a little difficult on shoes like Strands can be a little difficult. Like hammering in a nail with a sledgehammer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.