• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hair on those socks is hilarious.
lol8[1].gif

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rogues for a Friday with Argyle socks. Not sure AE picked the best name for these shoes. One of the definitions for Rogue is, "an inferior or defective specimen among many satisfactory ones, especially a seedling or plant deviating from the standard variety." Irrespective, they fit nicely and are a good selection every few weeks. I am considering hitting the toe caps and heels with black polish. Anyone have experience with this?

I use light applications of dark brown for my walnut shoes, but I know @middlepP uses navy.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was nice of your wife to let you put your shoes in her closet too!
Holy split toes! Googly moogly that's a lot.
Desert TFX and Desert Acadias? Great boots. Both of mine get shoe trees too, along with my cowboy boots =P.

Middle pair is Fort Lewis Light, same as Acadias, 10" instead of 8" tall. Danner is a sub obsession of mine, they fit incredibly well and (all of mine) are US made+ recraftable.

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the name of using some of the lesser-used shoes, I wore the MacNeils today. I forget how nicely the 7-last works for me (though it is a TTS 12 vs. the 11.5 sizing I get with the 65 and 201 lasts).

I guess all the black and gray/blue in the floor confused the camera - the chinos are gray...

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
As a side note, I use AE bags on pretty much all of my shoes. There are several pairs of Aldens and a couple other stray dogs up there, but the AE bags are better than anything that has come with my Alden/Brooks/etc. shoes.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I really wish AE would provide a split toe boot choice soon.

You and me both! Though, with a boot/chukka heavy rotation and a bourbon Portland that doesn't get worn enough as is, I'm rooting for a more casual offering. Would kill for a cxl, suede, or even shell option. RIP the golden age of MTO...

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You and me both! Though, with a boot/chukka heavy rotation and a bourbon Portland that doesn't get worn enough as is, I'm rooting for a more casual offering. Would kill for a cxl, suede, or even shell option. RIP the golden age of MTO...

The need a moc-toe CXL boat like the Indy, GDit.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy blue Sea Island that the wife bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago. Some of you mentioned needing to size up, but the unlined suede really stretched perfectly with my 65 last size. When I tried on a half size larger, they were slipping off with each step.
[/IMG]

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy blue Sea Island that the wife bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago. Some of you mentioned needing to size up, but the unlined suede really stretched perfectly with my 65 last size. When I tried on a half size larger, they were slipping off with each step.
[/URL]

I know this isn't going to make any bit of sense but I actually went a length down and went to EEE (normally wear E) and those fit me best. I have the Olive suede ones made in the US and I agree they stretched perfectly for me.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this isn't going to make any bit of sense but I actually went a length down and went to EEE (normally wear E) and those fit me best. I have the Olive suede ones made in the US and I agree they stretched perfectly for me. 

We'll, they are kind of narrow. My pinkie and big toe are on top of the stitching inside. I took the advice of my SA who said it'd be fine. He was right.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those of you with Suede Strands (not the strandmok) and suede McGregors did you size the same way or did you find more give in the suede? Unfortunately I cannot size them because its all ebay purchases at this point for them. 

I am a 9d in my oxblood strands and walnut McAllister, also a 9d in my suede strands. No fit difference for me but I am also lucky with my foot size

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We'll, they are kind of narrow. My pinkie and big toe are on top of the stitching inside. I took the advice of my SA who said it'd be fine. He was right.

I tried, but just didn't think I could deal with standing on the stitching.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried, but just didn't think I could deal with standing on the stitching.

I know what you mean. I was set to return them because of this. He was quite sure about it not being a big deal. It was odd the first few wears, but I don't notice now that they broke in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads