1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

As you suggest, whether that product is good for the shoes in the long term is one thing - but the shine on those looks absolutely stunning.

1 person likes this.
  2. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

Those will look great with a tux

3. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Thanks to @gatszu for selling me his spares of these awesome shell make-ups!

Wore the Dundees for "Natty Satty" yesterday, and today I brushed/conditioned the Bayfields for their upcoming wear.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. pbrandes

pbrandes Well-Known Member

I've never tried Woodlore trees, so would appreciate some sizing advice. I am a 9.5 E, and 9.5 is listed both as the upper end of medium and the start of large...which would be a better fit for shell Parks and Independence Jeffersons 2.0?

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Those are some fine looking boots!! Is that ice cream?

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Btw, I have two pairs of Med woodlore ultimate trees from the last drop. Completely unused. They were too small.

I'll let them go for the same price as the drop, free shipping. If anyone wants...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  7. chrisleduc1

chrisleduc1 Active Member

Selling a couple pair of AE's that have been worn less than 10 times, as can be seen from the soles. First quality. Just shoes Im not wearing. The McKinley is a 11.5D in Golden Brown that I paid about $75.00 and the Duke is an 11D that went for about $117.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Love my suede strands as well. That green is [​IMG]

9. piyi

piyi Well-Known Member

I am not sure about the sizes. The site says they run small.

10. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Caramel swirl on a square of mint chocolate cake. It was a perfect day in the 70's yesterday.

11. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't want a lot of tension in my shoes. I think the people who are saying they run small aren't realizing that is the intended design and proper function.

I'm a 11.5/12 and my Epics are XL's - they aren't huge in the shoes - they don't put a lot of pressure at the heel and fill the vamp/toe very well.

12. robster35

robster35 Well-Known Member

i like the way u describe the colors. need me some oxblood!

13. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

@farkle Wow, those both look amazing!

Thank you. I do not wish to compromise these shoes in the long term, so I will not be revisiting the Parade Gloss until right before the event. Hopefully two specific instances of PG use will not compromise the leather too badly.

Thank you as well.

After a bit more brushing and finishing with a buffing cloth, I brought the shoes outside to inspect them in the sun. They look good for a trial run and I again thank the fine participants of this thread for their invaluable advice. I also shot them next to the only instance of black shell that I own to see the difference in lustre, which seemed minimal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be researching the best way to further gloss these out before the event. A military friend suggested I run a lighter over the shoes to heat the wax, and I'll research this procedure but likely do the best I can without adding fire. :rotflmao:

Have a great evening, all!

1 person likes this.
  14. gatszu

gatszu Well-Known Member

@FaRKle those bayfields and Dundees are really fabulous!! Wear in good health, my friend!

15. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

Why are you returning the black rogues? In a BC environment black rogues work with a suit or with slacks and tie. IJS .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

Those pictures remind me why I love the black park ave. It is neither flashy nor attention-seeking, and makes no apology for it. That understated elegance makes it, for me, the quintessential American dress shoe. I think I'm gonna wear mine tomorrow.

17. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Well-Known Member

I may end up keeping them. For the 180 I paid there's nothing close for a black less formal shoe. I just don't know how often I'll wear them as I prefer to wear brown most days and with jeans as well.

18. piyi

piyi Well-Known Member

That is a good point M365. We are not trying to stretch our shoes, just help them maintain their shape

19. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

Did I never notice, or did AE just raise all $385 shoes to $395?

20. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

Yes. And boots went up $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.