1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

That's some great negotiating!

Also, I don't know if you've been to Disney World before... but assuming that you haven't. I was feeling the same way before our trip a couple years ago. Ended up having a fantastic time. Sure it's #$!&ing expensive, but the place is meticulously clean, run exceedingly well, and overall they really know how to entertain you. Just like AE, you get what you pay for.

Of course if you've been there already and dislike it for your own reasons... then my reassurances will be of no value to you.

2. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Well-Known Member

Whelp the Union is very cheap looking in person! The sole looks like molded styrofoam. The uppers are very nice. Reminds me of my Cole Haan shoes from 2011. :)

3. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Brooks Bros has the Merlot Manistee in all sizes it seems. Its full retail, but I think I read some people get a discount through their work?

I always felt the Manistee was over priced, but it does match up with AE's brogue pattern in addition to color.

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

I have probably close to 20 different AE lasts - some from long discontinued lines like Corporate Casuals and Executive. Off the top of my head, I have the following lasts in my collection: 65, 73, 97, 108, 201, 222, 333, 511, 678, 1757, B34, 114, 2592, and 606.

5. pineappleguy16

pineappleguy16 Active Member

Hi all, I exchanged a pair of strands from size 7.5D to size 7.5E. I received the 7.5E today and noticed in the tongue it says 7.5D (see attached picture) but the box says 7.5 E, did they mess up? The fit almost feels like a 7.5D but maybe wider in the heel. Please advise thank you!

[​IMG]

6. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

Yea. They probably messed up. I one time ordered a pair of boots online and the boots were a full size large even though the box said they were my size

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

My lasts: 65, 108, 73, 511, 678, 1747

The 65, 108 and 73 are my favorites.

8. Newberry

Yea I know what you mean. It is a bit overpriced. I was lucky to get a walnut Manistee for $80 during Nordstrom's anniversary sale. That's probably the most I'll pay of a belt lol.

9. Lobster33

Aww crap. Looks like they screwed up. If you post a pic of you wearing the shoe, we can probably tell if they are too small.

10. Lobster33

Someone on here picked up 3 Manistees for $15. Remember that?

11. Hino

Hino Well-Known Member

Just curious. First time shoe bank purchase and I was wondering if I ordered one shoe in stock at the store and one that the SA had to order in, do I get two packages or just one?

12. Newberry

Yea. I remember some guy saying that he bought them at the Rack. That's probably the Allen Edmonds Steal of The Year

13. bishopcraiga

bishopcraiga Well-Known Member

That's some great negotiating!

Also, I don't know if you've been to Disney World before... but assuming that you haven't. I was feeling the same way before our trip a couple years ago. Ended up having a fantastic time. Sure it's #$!&ing expensive, but the place is meticulously clean, run exceedingly well, and overall they really know how to entertain you. Just like AE, you get what you pay for.

Of course if you've been there already and dislike it for your own reasons... then my reassurances will be of no value to you.[/quote]

I haven't been since I was a small child. My reservations stem from a general dislike of overly branded merchandise and the fact that my kids are turning 4 while there and 21 months so I will be the gear schlepper. It's all good though, my in-laws are footing the bill so all I have to do is smile and think about my new boots.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Looks great, buddy. Must resist the Higgins mill, must resist, must resist...I may go get sized at my store just in case one shows up in the shoebank.

15. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Good question. If they are both seconds (i.e. you order a pair from an outlet, and one from the ShoeBank warehouse), you should get 2. The pair you order from the outlet should be the exact pair that you should have had the SA look over for you.

If they were both 1sts, I would say one package. Why would AE send you one from the warehouse, the SA send you one from the store and then AE send one to the store to restock? Though I'm guessing they would send the store a bulk restock of various shoes.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hino

Hino Well-Known Member

Ah okay cool. Thanks for the prompt reply. They are two seconds and the one in store I asked her to look over and she said they looked great. The other one she had to order from another store. Hoping for the best.

17. pudman43

pudman43 Well-Known Member

I picked up a merlot Trafalgar belt at Nordstrom a couple years back. About $50? Love it.... J

18. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

So typical of the behavior on this thread. NO! NO. No. no. MAYBE.

Though I must say, in the past, with other shoes, the waiting for ShoeBank becomes diminishing returns. With the Higgins firsts at $250 (less if you order through Palo Alto), I don't think it will be worth it to go through the hassle of seconds for give or take the current price when the firsts go back to full retail. Unless you get an incredible sale on ShoeBank, the price difference between SALE 1sts and REGULAR priced ShoeBank 2nds is often around $20-30.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  19. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I should add:

I suppose its possible the SA gets the seconds from ShoeBank shipped to her, then she ships both to you, but I feel thats unlikely unless she only gets credit for both sales that way.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hino

Hino Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't see any reason to do that. However if I had a better relationship with the SA, maybe. But since this is my first, I am going to assume it's just going to be shipped directly to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.