1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Butyl Shannon Drives keeping me company in a workshop...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bourbon McAllister's today.

3 people like this.
  4. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Some Higgins Mill shots for comparison. The Natty and Brown HMs are different enough in color that they won't compete directly for wears.

In pics 2014 Natural Shell Leeds, 2014 Natural Shell First Avenues, Natural cxl Higgins Mill, Golden Brown cxl Long Branch - and alone, Brown cxl Higgins Mill

Lights off indoors
    [​IMG]

Lights on indoors
    [​IMG]

outside in the sun, with grass and Gigi to compare to :)
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  5. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Ugh, they all look so good!

6. Middlife

They are firsts so it will be free returns if you don't like them. The buyer may have ordered a few different sizes and just returned what didn't fit the best. I bought mine at $237 and don't regret it at all, $187 is a steal. Here is some motivation for you to make the correct decision ;-)

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

@AndyMiddles , so you are from Rochester, NY? I lived in Fairport for over 10 years before moving to NYC. Still visit 3-4 times a year to see the in-laws and many friends. Have you ever met another person in Rochester wearing AE? :)

8. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

So just heard something disappointing from the Freeport Bank, after asking them to send a photo of some shell Strands that they said had a minor flaw...

(Paraphrased): They are not able to send pictures.

From a business standpoint, they would prefer to not have the inventory available to sell to someone else while the shoe is in transit to and from my house (assuming the shoe is flawed beyond what I would accept at a certain price point)? Not only that, but shipping charges, too? Seems like a photo is not only cheaper but keeps the product on the floor.

Disappointing! [​IMG]

But then again... assuming rationality, the flaw is such that they probably don't expect to sell it in-store if they're willing to have it on a truck for a week or two. [​IMG]

9. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! Just got off the phone and ordered a pair of first quality merlot McAllisters for $187 plus tax. Like I said, this was probably my last chance to get a new pair and first quality. This would be my only pair of merlot shoes and now I think I need a belt to match lol. I have 2 pairs that I wear with my dark chili shoes, but I don't think those will match right with merlot or I'll see.

10. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Just ordered merlot McAllisters through Shoebank for $157 (-$40 from a gift card). The SA said he didn't see anything wrong with them, but he didn't sound very convincing, so we'll see.

11. Newberry

Beautiful shoes! Outside in the sun they look amazing. Do you have any pics of how they look indoors?

12. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

Just received an email that a new AE store is opening up 10 minutes from my house. Only the second one in Arizona. Grand opening specials. Anyone know what new store grand opening specials are? Thinking of picking up some new Leiden Suede Wingtip Bluchers.

Gray Strandmok today.

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on these? I like them for chino's and jeans.

[​IMG]

13. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

I think asking them to send a picture is just crazy. In my experience, SA checking it out beforehand has been sufficient, except couple of times when the shoes should have not been sold as seconds, in which case AE did not charge me a restocking fee. Anything that is pure cosmetics and within the acceptable norms for a seconds should be identified by the SA, and if not, you just have to swallow it because you are buying seconds. What you find unacceptable, will be acceptable for someone else.

In any case, this is a very gray and subjective, and I can see it being abused. Let's not forget that restocking fee was introduced about a year ago to discourage the abuse.

My advice, build relationships within SA at several stores and stay loyal. I have missed shoes many times because my SA's were out for the day and by the time they returned, shoes were gonna. Once you built this relationship, you will not believe the extent they will go to make you happy.

1 person likes this.
  14. billythekid

billythekid Well-Known Member

+1.
    You are buying a great product at an outlet mall. Quality will be top notch, and I bet you won't be able to tell the error in them.
    I agree with the store's policy in this case. Makes total sense.

15. Middlife

Yes, unfortunately not a great quality picture.
    [​IMG]

16. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

We need some natty HM side profile shots up in this thread!

17. Middlife

@cc808314 Yes, born and raised in West Irondequoit and currently living downtown. Between myself and 3 other coworkers we have about 20 pairs. The only other people that I know who own AEs are people that left Rochester after college.

18. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wearing shell Bradley's today

19. Newberry

Still good enough to get a good idea. Thanks

20. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of nor seen the Calgary. But it looks a lot like the Freiburg with a lug sole. [​IMG] Chris

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.