1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

Deleted post

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Perhaps suggest some bicycle shoes like the ORD, and then she'll be begging you to wear the merlot Strands. Seriously, stand up for yourself man! It's your wedding day too. [​IMG]

3. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  4. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Casual Friday in light denim, natty CXL Clark Street, and (of course) no-show socks. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

6. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Think of it this way: She's green-lighting you to buy more shoes!

Suggest brown or color 8 shell Strands?

1 person likes this.
  7. vince24L

vince24L Active Member

It was a mutual agreement. My suit is blue and shirt is off white. With Merlot shoes I looked like a 4th of july event.

8. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

1 person likes this.
  9. aero25

aero25 Well-Known Member

The talk of Sea Islands yesterday inspired me this morning. Shoes and cheap carpet. Dirty carpet, too. I think the company is saving money by only having a cleaning crew once a month.
    [​IMG]

10. RTD1

RTD1 Well-Known Member

I told myself no more shoes for a little while, but couldn't pass up on the 20% off additional on clearance. Just grabbed a pair of Merlot Randolphs for $189.

11. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Nothing on clearance is calling to me. An MTO grey suede Strand would, though.

12. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I couldn't do it either. I ordered a pair of the strandmoks in grey suede.

13. Lobster33

My $85 oxblood new Park Aves arrived today. For the first time, I tried a 7.5 E (my usual size is 8 D), and what do you know, they fit perfectly. Should have listened to most of you who suggested going down a half size and up a width. Wish I could re-purchase my merlot PA's, but live and learn. Good to know my best size on the 65 last balmorals.

Oh, and the shoes are perfect. No flaws. Not sure why he/she was selling these for 85 bucks, but it's a steal for me.

14. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Well-Known Member

Since I have only worn them around inside, I am considering eating the shipping to send them back since they were from the AE eBay store even though I want to call them mine.

How effective is using a stretcher or bringing them to the store? From the feel of it, seems like they would have to stretch a lot. My smaller toes are up against the edge of the shoes and curl under a little on my mutant right foot. My left foot, as usual, feels fine.

15. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

I use to do this though to a further extreme. The bright side is now you know for the future 65 purchases! Be thankful that your best 65 last fit isn't EE! I was looking at that seller too and unfortunately they didn't have my 9 E size when I looked back. According to the style number on the inside of the shoe they are oxblood. At least based on the style number the that seller provided me with when I inquired about them.

2 people like this.
  16. Lobster33

Yes, they are oxblood. But mine are pretty dark, almost like merlot. I don't mind though. I'll post pics later. Good to know my Strand size now, if I ever become brave enough to order the Strands. The 7.5 E feels the same as the 8.5 D merlot I own in the heel and arch, but the excess room in the toe box is gone.

17. Lobster33

In my own experience, stretching can make the shoes 1/2 size wider. I think stretching works much better when you have a shoe that is your usual size, but is a little narrow. But trying to stretch a shoe that is the wrong size into a larger size doesn't work as well in my experience.

18. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

Does the extra 15% promotion also apply to seconds?

19. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Yes, clearance and seconds both got an added 15%, and if you check shoebank, several specific items have recent discounts. (+ no charge to ship to NJ)

1 person likes this.
  20. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.