1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

I'm fully convinced these make your overall sexiness level increase by 2.5/3 points. So I'm a solid 7 today
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  2. orange fury

orange fury Well-Known Member

Good taste! Buffalo Trace is one of my favorite bourbons, its a staple in my liquor cabinet. Makes a heck of an Old Fashioned (though I generally prefer rye in those).

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

BT is great stuff, but my go to is Elijah Craig small batch, just incredible value for the money.

4. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I really want Allen Edmonds to make their own version of this shoe. It's a Johnston and Murphy Hannigan Cap Toe. I love the look and it's pretty comfortable, but I know that the quality is no where close to what AE can do.

What other non-AE shoes do you guys own that you wish AE would produce a version of?

5. amphillips79

amphillips79 Well-Known Member

Great taste gents. My go to is Knob Creek but I enjoy both of the others you mentioned. That and Glenlivet Nadurra are my go-to beverages.

6. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

I'll throw Blanton's in the mix as well, I love that stuff and am getting close to spelling out BLANTONS with the cork tops!

7. MattRiv

Blantons is awesome. Unfortunately, the liquor stores in NC never, ever have it. Oh how I wish for a free market liquor system.

8. orange fury

I've been buying Wild Turkey 101 to use in Mint Juleps- surprisingly good IMHO. Also, Bookers is pretty fantastic (at a ridonkulous 129 Proof...)

Speaking of bourbon:
    [​IMG]

Also, happy national scotch day! Laphroaig and Macallan on the menu tonight

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. MattRiv

A natty CXL Indy boot on a more tapered last.

1 person likes this.
  10. MattRiv

[​IMG]

First wear of the vintage pebble grain Leeds that I got off eBay for under $30.

2 people like this.
  11. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

This is the reason I do just ^that. Like I'm looking for the return of the Sl*tty Pumpkin.

2 people like this.
  12. tkebh979

Absolutely necessary at the end of a "fuck it" kind of day. [​IMG]

13. orange fury

It's funny- I tend to make mint juleps with higher proof bourbon so the ice doesn't cut the alcohol too much, which means I'm usually using WT 101. I tried it with bookers once, and the ice lowered the alcohol to a level that was still above the 101 straight. After two of those on a Saturday afternoon with a cigar, I was done for the rest of the day.

14. MattRiv

Hmmm... I don't really do mint juleps because of how sweet they are when you mix sugar + a sugary liquor like bourbon. If I'm making a making drink like that, it would be a caiparinha.

I drink my bourbon with at maximum 1 rock per 2 oz pour. Just enough to cool it down and open it up a bit.

15. Kkoa12h

Kkoa12h Member

Wasn't National Scotch Day yesterday?

If not, I guess I'll pour myself another glass of Oban tonight as well...

However, for the office today is a Merlot kind of day...

(I'm not one to break tradition, therefore coffee mug included)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. tkebh979

My decade-old memory of Bookers (don't drink it much anymore) is of a rustic-industrial members only scotch bar in the basement of a brownstone, the upstairs of which was converted into a foppish wine bar.

Two fingers. Drop (and I mean a drop) of water. Unfiltered cigarette. One glass, one smoke. Intent wasn't to soften the edge of a rough day, but to revel in its roughness.

Not much healthier than punching yourself in the face, but that's what I was going for on those nights. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  17. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

The number is 8268, which probably means the 108 last or 678 last. Both fit me well. I saw these on Ebay and was considering them.

18. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

Those look great. Love the oxblood.

1 person likes this.
  19. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

My attempt at matching on a casual Thursday. I'm now realizing that I need to edge dress these up when I get home. Perhaps over a glass of Woodford Reserve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. JSO1

JSO1 Well-Known Member

Need Supply occasionally does a Natural CXL Indy boot on Barrie, which is significantly more tapered than Trubalance. They call it the "Gamble's Hill" Indy Boot. It's been a while since they've run it, but you never know, they might release it again soon. http://needsupply.com/gamble-s-hill-indy-boot.html

It's also somewhat unique in that the moc toe is hand-stitched, which they only usually do on shell Indy boots.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.