1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Your post is about the Academy but your pic is of the Alumnus.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

3. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Cordovan Catastrophe!

So I ordered a pair of Cordovan Cambridges from the CAC. Not impressed. [​IMG] What do y'all think??? I understand these are seconds but I honestly expected more for $527! The texture is rough and the colors don't match, I cannot see one good thing about these. Truly disappointing to say the least. Darn! I'm striking out with seconds. Guess I am just not meant to get seconds!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothers me about those is the color mismatch between the shoes (not within each shoe). See if some AE cordovan cream evens it out.

5. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

6. TexasTexter

Did you see the stitching? It's awful.

7. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

What is that white stuff?

8. TexasTexter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TexasTexter

10. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw the stitching, and it's fine. The fuzzy stuff you can brush/pluck off easily, and the whiter part you can recolor. From your pics it doesn't look like it'd be any more work than you'd normally do during shoe care time. A dimple here, crease there, you won't notice it once you've worn it.

11. TexasTexter

ya think? She looks pretty rough around the edges to me. She needs some makeup! LOL

12. TexasTexter

Love the blue shell shoes. Are those Acheson's? What is the last shoe listed? The boots are my favorite. What are they the walnut and blue suede? Killer!

13. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with @FaRKle , though you obviously have a better view than either of us. At $500+ its tough, but at the $399 sale price I would feel a lot better about it. Maybe you can get them to credit you the difference?

Anyway, if you're having bad luck with the CAC, let them know (it might help your case for some compensation), and next time try to go through an outlet so an SA can look them over.

1 person likes this.
  14. TexasTexter

Yes at $399 that is different but $527 is not really that much of a discount for the shoes IMHO. The shoes are rough, very rough. Maybe some work can make them better but this is about the roughest 2nd I have gotten. As you guys have stated it is always better to buy from the store as the CAC and I can see exactly why that is. Painful lesson. Well at least I got to see the fit. They fit well. Good stuff to know for the future! Hopefully there will be a sale!

15. Lobster33

Actually, those aren't bad seconds imo, assuming the color can be fixed.

16. TexasTexter

Those dents are normal? The thing that bothers me the most is the pinking. Its rough and not cut in places.

17. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

18. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

Agreed on the price point. If you have a relationship with an SA you may be able to get them to reduce the price to $399. The sale wasn't too long ago so they might throw you a bone.

If you can snip off the frayed edges with cuticle cutters or small scissors and even out the color a bit with some cream, I think it makes sense to keep them at $399, otherwise I would probably send them back.

1 person likes this.
  19. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

The dents happen. Are they on a highly visible part of the shoe?

20. Lobster33

Dents are not uncommon in seconds. I have a dent on my black Leeds, but it's hardly noticeable. But like I said before, it's a roll of the dice when you buy seconds.

It sounds like you're pretty unhappy with them though -- you know what is best, so if you want to return them, you probably should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.