1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohneokc

hohneokc Well-Known Member

I got my Freiburgs in the same size as my 65 last shoes and they fit very well.

Chris

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. texas9

texas9 Member

Thanks Matt. I will try the 12Bs. Here is my left foot in 12C - not as much bowing as the right, though, strangely.

[​IMG]

3. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Same as Chris, @shades9323 .

4. 22busy

22busy Well-Known Member

You've been wearing the same socks since last June? Time to switch out. :rotflmao:

5. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

Your left foot looks perfect in a 12C, but your right foot looks a little loose. I think you have the same problem that I do, but with opposite feet. You could try snugging the lacing a little more on your right foot to see if that will draw the bowed out area tighter to your ankle. Definitely give the 12B a shot, but I think you are pretty close to the desired result.

6. DapperDriver

DapperDriver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm perfectly fine with the look, it'll eventually just be lost in the natural creases that develop. Is there any concern that the leather could split if there is a vein or other defect there?

On another note, I did break out the shoe shine gear to go over the McGregors. For some reason, I felt the urge to give my Fifth Aves their first proper shine. I got these during last year's RDA sale and have been a bit "meh" on them. A high shine on the heels and my best attempt at a mirror on the toes and my opinion has changed.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

Nice shoes, cheap carpet meets Walnut Wednesday!
    [​IMG]

These are the replacement Strands AE provided after my original size failed to work (I have previously posted my excellent customer service experience). Though the fit is not perfect (a bit loose at the heel), I got lucky with sample variation - this is probably my best possible fit in a 65.

8. MattRiv

Quick question or maybe you can link me to your other post about your experience, but I have a pair that was sold to me by a SA that doesn't fit that I'm trying to decide what to do with.

9. middlepP

Are they worn? If not, call your SA for a shipping label to send them back. If so, have you tried calling the customer service line?

10. MattRiv

They are worn. I brought them into the store to have them stretched and wanted to give them one honest wear before I tell them I want a different size. The bad part is that they are boubon and likely only have seconds left (which is really fine, IDC at this point). What do you suggest?

11. middlepP

calling the customer service line

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    82 degrees outside. Time for Lauderdales.

[​IMG]

13. texas9

texas9 Member

Matt--I would try calling customer service. I'll do the same for my situation within the next few days. Will post the outcome.

1 person likes this.
  14. MattRiv

I'm about to head home to my 12B walnut Strands that are sitting on the porch that Nordstrom exchanged no questions asked. That place is a godsend.

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Well-Known Member

Those are sweet. How old is that model? I have the Shreveport, but I like the ones with less weave. I think it's the New Orleans I'm thinking of. These look similar to that.

16. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

^ What they said.

I called yesterday about my poorly fitting SMU shell Bartletts (I was sized at an AE store) that I wore around a couple times to see if they'd get any better and they gave me a shipping label to send them in.

17. redmusic1

redmusic1 Well-Known Member

I try to tell folks, but they typically won't listen. Thanks for posting the pic. Those look outstanding.

18. MattRiv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My feet in these new 12Bs. What do you all think of the fit, particularly where the break is on my left (1/4 size shorter) foot?

Can't tell you how good it feels to have a good fit in my mid foot / arch after having worn shoes too wide my whole life.

19. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

1 person likes this.
  20. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

A little suede for Wednesday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status: