1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

I like the Flatiron. I have to use an insole with them due to the volume. A chukka version of the Flatiron would be nice, don't you think?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Too much hanging around here, Neo.

3. shunted22

shunted22 Well-Known Member

Sea Island look great- the only thing keeping me on the fence is that I just wish it was made in America

4. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

I tried the Sea Island on and my impression is that they ran long and narrow. The D was tight compared to other AE loafers like the Lowry Hill and Cavanaugh

5. Southwick

Southwick Well-Known Member

I agree on the Sea Island. Wasn't there some initial information saying it would be made in Port Washington? I'm not inclined to drop $300 on an import. Plus, is it made on the 555 last? I have a pair of Naples that are built on that last, and while it's a beautiful shoe, it is so narrow that I hobble a lot Lund for a day or two after each wearing. So, I guess truth be told, even if the shoe were made here, I doubt I'd buy any shoe built on that last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Southwick

Southwick Well-Known Member

Why is there no edit feature on tapatalk? I meant to say that I hobble around for a day or two after each wearing. Sorry, gents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

New Chili University. Odd blotchy spot on the tongue (I'm guessing from someone putting a burnished thumb down haphazardly), but look great otherwise. Keeping these over the walnut pair, which was surprisingly spotted. Finding I really like the 333 last. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. RitchieBro

RitchieBro Well-Known Member

Firsts or seconds?

9. DapperDriver

DapperDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maiden voyage. Love the chili. A steal for $137.

5 people like this.
  10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

11. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Looks like the new AE wedding offer added the Cornwallis to the student interview offer options. Good timing, as I was just thinking about buying a friend some shoes for his wedding.

12. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

Firsts, as were the walnut. There's some inconsistency in the burnishing, but it will even out over time. [​IMG]
    Here is another weird thumbprint-like blotch on the inside; I don't really care since it's unseeable when on the foot. And $217 is a heck of a steal!

13. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

The McGregor is so much better looking than the McNeil.

14. robster35

robster35 Well-Known Member

for those who have ordered AE from Nordstroms- how long does it normaly take to ship? i ordered shoes on the 18th. they still havent shipped. called nordstrom yesterday all they could tell me was it is "in process".

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

I returned a pair that didn't fit on Sunday and will have the new shoe on Wednesday, but I guess it depends on availability and what DC it's shipping from.

16. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    While I know chili "goes" with navy, it still looks odd to me. Trying to break the black shoe rut. Yes, the "V" is on the wide side, but there is nothing to be done about it and the remainder of the shoe fits great.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Well-Known Member

My mistake...it was the Flatiron that I saw with only those two sizes left. And you are right, when I choose 6.5, only E is available.

Sorry for getting your hopes up.

18. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Member

Bourbon Strand. I love this color.

[​IMG]

Check out that carpet!!

19. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Member

I have same in Oxblood showing up any day now. Same price.

20. redmusic1

redmusic1 Well-Known Member

The v-gap really doesn't bother me the way it does some here, but I gotta say, it doesn't bother me at all with the bar lacing you have here. Others will disagree, I'm sure. That gap, with the bar lacing, on this particular shoe (because of the v-punches), looks down right sharp to me. Don't give it another thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.