• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aberdeens for a waterlogged weekend:
dHxCOFY.jpg

RTD1

Reaction score
Ended up pulling the trigger on the AE-made Brooks Brothers brown suede wingtips. The price is further reduced to $149 for today and tomorrow and couldn't pass it up.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Defying allegations of poor taste for wearing a bicycle toe shoe, I wait my turn for a haircut in Mapletons.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, I'm an idiot and I asked the right question about the wrong monkstrap shoe. So let me start over.

"Hey Warwick Norwich owners, I have a fit question. My high instep and wide feet usually need 511 or 678 last with a blucher lace. Any thoughts on how a Warwick Norwich would work?

Thanks for the forbearance and answer.

I have the Norwich, but can no longer wear it because of incorrect sizing. The toe box is very very narrow, but the rest of the shoe I don't find to be narrow at all. Try it out first or have the option to return/resell.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ended up pulling the trigger on the AE-made Brooks Brothers brown suede wingtips.  The price is further reduced to $149 for today and tomorrow and couldn't pass it up.

They are very nice shoes. I think you are going to like them. Be forewarned. They look much better than shown in the pictures, they don't come with lime shoe laces, and they may be in Peal & Co shoebags and box (at least mine were). I got mine for that price as well, some time ago.

flaminiom

Reaction score

The 1943 has an even smaller toe box than the 5?  Then that's a total no go for me.

It's worth checking out, but when I tried it on, the outside of the toe box seemed to have a more aggressive taper than the 5 last. The 5 seems to fit me well, but the 1943 not as much. That kind of took the air out of my interest in the Cornwallis.

RTD1

Reaction score
They are very nice shoes. I think you are going to like them. Be forewarned. They look much better than shown in the pictures, they don't come with lime shoe laces, and they may be in Peal & Co shoebags and box (at least mine were). I got mine for that price as well, some time ago.

Awesome, can't wait until they arrive.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I just stopped by the Allen Edmonds store at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, and have nothing but praise for Kesia Finley, who is the best and most knowledgeable salesperson I've worked with. She observed, from the creases in my Daltons, that I had been wearing shoes that were too long for me; after measuring me, she suggested that I try on something shorter and wider. Before I left, I had purchased three pairs -- oxblood Strands with Dainite soles, and Patriot and country grain Dundee seconds. (I'll likely return the Kenwoods I ordered yesterday).

If 13EEE works for me, that opens up a lot of possibilities I haven't had before, such as the made-for Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Harry Rosen styles that I had always considered too small for me to bother trying on. It was, by far, the most productive visit to a brick-and-mortar store I've ever had.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just stopped by the Allen Edmonds store at Rockefeller Center in Manhattan, and have nothing but praise for Kesia Finley, who is the best and most knowledgeable salesperson I've worked with.  She observed, from the creases in my Daltons, that I had been wearing shoes that were too long for me; after measuring me, she suggested that I try on something shorter and wider.  Before I left, I had purchased three pairs -- oxblood Strands with Dainite soles, and Patriot and country grain Dundee seconds.  (I'll likely return the Kenwoods I ordered yesterday).  

If 13EEE works for me, that opens up a lot of possibilities I haven't had before, such as the made-for Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Harry Rosen styles that I had always considered too small for me to bother trying on.  It was, by far, the most productive visit to a brick-and-mortar store I've ever had.

Wait, you ordered seconds from a regular store?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede on a Sunday too. Bad fit for me but I'm stubborn. Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. Maybe with thick socks they'd fit but for what I use them for they work just fine. Also I promise I'll have tan feet soon. I golf barefoot quite a bit...

CMT1

Reaction score

Destin dude for the win!!! Tom, Paul, and John have always been really helpful.

Agreed, they really are great guys and I'd never miss stopping in for a visit when in town!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede on a Sunday too. Bad fit for me but I'm stubborn. Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. Maybe with thick socks they'd fit but for what I use them for they work just fine. Also I promise I'll have tan feet soon. I golf barefoot quite a bit...

Meh, pale is the new tan.

styleaudit91

Reaction score

Nice. Just got a pair from Amazon at a steal at $120. Gambled on size going a half size down from my usual 12 for the discount and it is way too tight. Toes are pushing the front even w/o socks. I guess I'll have to return. Put the money toward the Strand sale...

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. Just got a pair from Amazon at a steal at $120. Gambled on size going a half size down from my usual 12 for the discount and it is way too tight. Toes are pushing the front even w/o socks. I guess I'll have to return. Put the money toward the Strand sale...

I'm the opposite and went half up. Slight heel slippage but I'm not walking miles in these. Plus I love that dark suede and the stubbornness is real...speaking of Strand, I want that midnight. But don't want a midnight color belt :(

Last edited:

styleaudit91

Reaction score

I'm the opposite and went half up. Slight heel slippage but I'm not walking miles in these. Plus I love that dark suede and the stubbornness is real...speaking of Strand, I want that midnight. But don't want a midnight color belt :(

Yea I wish I could pull them off somehow, but aside from some foot modification I think I'm sol. Going to check out the midnight in person after work on the dangerous walk to my parking garage that conveniently has an AE store otw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads