1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

I knew the Newberg was gonna bomb the minute they announced it. Terrible execution - the pics are not good at all, so making it online only couldn't possibly help. Then you release it far before summer, and discontinue it when summer hits? Makes no sense.

@mreams99 Lucca yes, rogue, no.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not wearing AEs, but wanted to post my Meermin Mallorca Linea Meastro wingtips. The color says cogniac, but it looks an awful lot like chili. Very high quality shoes, hand welted.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  3. Nolaman

Nolaman Well-Known Member

Dabondo1 pick up a few months back:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. MattRiv

I picked up my Hopkinsons from Dabondo as well... for less than $100 shipped and basically brand new with no flaws.

5. Nolaman

Yeah, these are my only shell and you'd probably have to pry them off my cold dead feet.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nolaman

Yeah, these are my only shell and you'd probably have to pry them off my cold dead feet.

7. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Upsoilered. #Shellous

8. supplychainman

supplychainman Well-Known Member

Wow, those are really nice.

9. Shoes4play

Shoes4play Well-Known Member

How much ankle bowing is considered acceptable? Anything I can do to fix the problem? I really don't want to return the shoes.

10. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Tavish Tues? Sure, why not?!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

No, but that's because it's always warm where I live.

I've come to realize that I much prefer single leather soles to double. When it comes time to recraft my Leeds, I'm going with the single.

I also got bashed yesterday by a few friends for posting this pic of my Park Aves with the light blue socks. Apparently that's a no no with fashion. I thought it looked fine, but many people have stated this is not proper. Still learning about socks and fashion..
    .[​IMG]

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Mother nature and I have called a halt to our terrible feud from yesterday. She has backed off the heat to a more reasonable 92 today and I have moved to woven shoes.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

14. Gutter736

Gutter736 Member

So I was out thrifting yesterday and found 2 pair of AE's in my size. I picked up a pair of Glasgow loafers in light brown and a pair of York zip boots in black. I'm not much of a loafer or zip boot guy but they were my size, in great shape, and the price was right ($20 each). I have found some info on the Glasgow's but very little on the York. Anyone know anything about these boots. Pic below:) [​IMG]

15. tkebh979

tkebh979 Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the tip on dabondo1 - I've just made a move on some 1st aves... we'll see how it plays out.

Just when the shed mongoose chases away the barn weasels, those resourceful barn weasels find a new way in the house...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

The general rule of thumb for more conservative styles is to try to match sock color to trouser color. A light blue sock will draw the eye a bit much with a charcoal/burgundy pairing. For casual fits, you must do as you feel is right, of course.

1 person likes this.
  17. Echoes14

Echoes14 Well-Known Member

Like I said, this is my first brand new pair of Allen Edmonds, and by far the most I've ever paid for a pair of shoes. My only frame of reference as to what's acceptable and what is not is from this forum. Should we do an informal poll as to whether or not you'd keep these, as bought as firsts? :)

18. MattRiv

When I think of fashion, I think of something trendy and/or popular. This is more or less a traditional gentleman's dress rule, like having darker shoes than your pants. However, rules are meant to be broken! I enjoy breaking them myself... I wear oxfords with jeans all the time. Frankly, crazy socks are "fashionable" right now.

I personally don't see enough wrong with your sock choice that I would blast you for it.

1 person likes this.
  19. MattRiv

Well, If I were you I would post the other imperfections that you spoke of as you won't get a good response for posting stuff that will not be seen when worn, especially in a spot where you're going to have abrasions from the eyelets anyway. I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to get you the best help.

20. Southwick

Southwick Well-Known Member

IMG_0005.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.