1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I don't follow this thread too closely anymore, because damn there's so much of it to keep up with, but as far as I know, you can only browse what's available as seconds. You can't actually purchase from the Shoebank site. You still need to call a sales associate to purchase.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

You're right, but Mr. Brooklyn was referring to a one-time event that happened last year where they actually moved all of the seconds inventory over to the main AE website and allowed online purchases. I picked up several pairs during that sale.

3. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

@lachyzee - I think the advice by Matt et. al was spot on. I'm basically a 9.5D Brannock, with a very low instep/flat feet. I'm on the slightly shorter and narrower side of 9D in 5-last bals. I went with 9D in my First Aves and Freiburg. They fit OK, but have a decent amount of volume. I may have been able to get away with 9.5C too.

I'd start with 10.5B. Then maybe try the 10.5C and maybe even 11B. That is... assuming they make those sizes AND you can find them stocked anywhere to actually try on.

4. aero25

aero25 Well-Known Member

'Tavish Tuesday. [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. middlepP

Both of those look great! Funny, I initially thought of suede as a late fall-winter option. Basically cold and dry only. My tan Amoks helped me break out of this. Now, I love all my suede variants, regardless of the color, year round - but especially spring and summer time.

6. middlepP

Speaking of suede, @orange fury ...

Snuff suede Fullerton (511 last, double oak sole, natural edge) and light blue/grey chinos today. Laces swapped out for a slightly more casual look.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

Agreed. I may have posted this previously, but I am considering my 'bitter chocolate' suede Fifth Avenues and matching belt to go with a khaki-colored chino suit, white shirt, and many tie for a friend's wedding next weekend, whereas until a year or so ago I would only have considered dark brown suede shoes in the fall.

1 person likes this.
  8. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Getting a jump start on walnut Wednesday. But seeing the suede on the site today makes me wish I had gone that direction. Maybe tomorrow.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Just got back BB 5As from recraft and they did a pretty good job. I'll probably go over it with some black cream polish and a black wax on the cap but otherwise look good. They appear refinished but I don't think they were hand polished (at least not how they look when I polish them but that is another story). Soles look great and ready for wear. Future recrafts might go to B. Nelson though at least for my non-BB shoes to get JR soles and dovetail. The giftcard is a nice bonus hopefully I can use it before its expiration.

10. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brown saddle Vernons on my lunch break.

1 person likes this.
  11. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

Suede Boone today.......sockless

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Well-Known Member

Been working a ton lately but decided to break out the family for shoe care day on Sunday.[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  13. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

Now that is a well constructed rotation. Congrats.

14. NorseHorse

Thanks - I give credit to the SM in Scottsdale. Once he helped me figure out my style, we went through pair by pair and did it on a budget too. My Navy strands should be in sometime in the next couple weeks.

15. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

What did that budget look like? Great lineup! [​IMG]

16. NorseHorse

I probably averaged 300 a pair. I got several of them during close out style pricing. I paid full price for a few of them and the one exception was the Oxblood first aves I had to have.

17. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

A lovely sunny afternoon at 9th and F....

[​IMG]

Socks are unicorns and narwhals locked in epic head-horn battle.

7 people like this.
  18. whodey14

whodey14 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Really like these pants. Brooks brothers I found at nr.

Pebble grain MacNeil

3 people like this.
  19. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

Wow, these new Leeds are stiff shoes. Definitely provides the strongest support of any shoe I own. Almost feels like a boot. I look forward to after these break in a bit.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

Have you tried stepping on some nails with them?

5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.