1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

...and the same ebay seller had a pair of medium used Cavanaughs that I added onto the shipping for $40. Do you guys get them in your 5 last size? I'm probably between an 11.5 and 12 on the 5. Got them in a 12 and same width as my 5.

2. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wore mine today too, these are 2014 (recrafted; rubber sole and contrast stitch) seconds.

Seconds shell pricing has doubled and then some since 2013.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Does it make sense that a pair of 5th Avenue's in size 10E fit me perfectly and a pair of Park Avenue's in the same size fit snug? Scratching my head because it is the same last.

4. MattRiv

Well, they are handmade so there will be some variability in the fit of the shoe. Also, if if the 5A is new, it will take some time to break in.

5. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

The 5A is new from recent Shoe Bank purchase and the PA is slightly used from ebay. Wondering if maybe the PA is mis-marked... really 10D?

6. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. MattRiv

Maybe the footbed has just settled a bit or that the previous owner had them stretched and sold them because he couldn't make them fit.

8. sd-engnr

sd-engnr Member

Very true... I am going to wear them for a week and hope they break in / loosen up.

9. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

I had an experience today that I probably won't forget for a long while. I take a lot of pride in my appearance, just like everyone else in this forum. Especially my shoes. I'm not a filthy weasel (yet) but I'm working on it. I only wear AE shoes except for my golf shoes.

I wore my new Boones to a meeting today with a pair of seersucker pants and blue blazer. A man walked up to me and told me "I like your new Hush Puppies". He was trying to be nice but I was stunned and didn't know what to say. I just smiled and walked away. I have never worn that garbage and never will. They remind me of those shoes that use Velcro straps instead of laces. I couldn't quit thinking about his comment the entire meeting. :censored:

I guess coming here this afternoon is for therapy and sanity.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

It happens man, I get a lot of "those are nice Cole haans"

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Ha I lol'ed at Hush Puppies. If it makes you feel better, my most recent Google search is "boot tassel loafer." I showed a guy at work a pic of the Liverpools and he tells me no more boots. He also shakes his head at my Graysons. Thinks they are too old manish. What brand would MTO a pair of boot tassel loafers for me??

12. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Well at least you resisted the urge to slap him. You did resist???

DOH!!!

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Talking to my wife today, and apparently her sister had been asking her where I get "all my nice shoes". Apparently her boyfriend has taken note when we've been together and he's been impressed.

Only problem: I've sort of indicated to the wife that my shoes tend to be less expensive than what they actually are (and I never even pay retail), but the concern is now that sister in law and boyfriend will look into it, then word gets back to the wife.

Oh well. At least the shoes are appreciated!

14. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Hmm.. possible addition to the shoeholic list? Use others to get your fix.

15. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Everything Moose22 said is correct. IMO at regular pricing for BOTH, the Independence line is pretty good value for the bump in materials assuming the 201/65 situation works for you. But at the SALE price of the Merlot McAllisters right now, thats a really big jump.

I would add that the color on the McAllisters is the BURNISHED Merlot, and not the same as the Merlot in the Independence Line (unless they've changed that since the last time I held a Merlot Jefferson).

16. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Oh man. My Strands shipped today. I was wanting that 4 week build time before another AE box showed up. Lol.

17. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Add me to that list. It hasn't even been a whole year since my first AE and I'm running out of room. No lie, I was googling shoe racks earlier today.

18. whodey14

whodey14 Well-Known Member

Which strands are you referencing? Navy?

So was I, my entire closet is full of dress shoes and only ae. I need a storage system for my non ae dress shoes as well as all my athletic shoes. Unfortunately the nice racks can be pricy. I may dig up an old metal rack I had years back.

19. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

You know they made the Redan as a street shoe. Just saying...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Oxblood. Ordered over he weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.