1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Another for the ranks.

4 people like this.
  2. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I thought of one thats happened to me.

Your asked how many shoes do you have and respond, " I have X pairs." Then after a short pause you say, "Oh, plus Y more, but I don't really count those."

3. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

Anyone have issues with welt separating or showing its spliting? Anything I should worry about?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. flaminiom

flaminiom Active Member

Does anyone know when the CEO sale ends? Monday?

5. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

I do this all the time. The shoes that aren't on the racks (sneakers, hiking shoes, bad weather boots) don't get included in the mental inventory. And I'm still at 20-something pairs (plus one still hiding in the back of the closet until my wife is very happy with me).
    :embar:

1 person likes this.
  6. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I prefer walnut

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  7. MattRiv

I made a rookie mistake getting the Park Avenues in dark chili instead of the Fifths. Oh well.

8. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

No flies on the PA.

1 person likes this.
  9. RTD1

RTD1 Well-Known Member

I prefer the FAs to the PAs in every single color. Yes, as a black cap toe the FA is technically a hair less formal than a black PA, but in the real world it's completely irrelevant. The punch cap adds just the right (minimal) amount of flair and distinguishes the wearer from the hordes wearing black stitch caps from Bostonian, Rockport, CH, etc.

10. BG 7

BG 7 Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong either way, but I would go walnut

11. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to feel this way about the PA. I have black PAs as well as 5As and I'm thinking about selling my black PAs. I never reach for them except when I was a groomsman which is probably the only time now I'd wear it over the 5As. Brown antibe PAs might be hitting the bay shortly as well. I have 3-4 pairs that aren't listed in my signature I'm going to be selling too since they either don't fit me great or just don't make it out in rotation. Started out with PAs and now they are on the chopping block.

12. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

I found they run small for me. I'm a 12.5D or 13C in the 5 last. The 13 D was too small for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

Those look great!!! Are they 1st or 2nds and what size are they? Congrats on the job offer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MattRiv

I would be careful with ordering online based on their sizing guide based on the horror stories that I read here on a daily basis. I think you'd be better off to either find a store with a brannock device nearby or order one online and let us help before you spend a lot in shipping charges. I have no experience with the sizing guide, but would go with the fit they recommend instead of worrying about what the width of the shoe you order is.

15. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Sneakers, hiking shoes, bad weather boots??? Those never even enter the equation. You would have to add a plus Z in my case.

2 people like this.
  16. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

17. MattRiv

Haha, good lord dude.

1 person likes this.
  18. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Larchmonts 2day:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. MattRiv

[​IMG]

Brown Strandmoks on a beautiful Friday in Charlotte! Will likely be in Kirkwoods or my trusty Rainbows for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Cheers gents!

1 person likes this.
  20. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

Thank you! 1sts, bought during the sale about a month or so ago. 9.5B, my brannock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.