1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoldenMI

HoldenMI Well-Known Member

My brown grain Dundee 2.0's arrived today. Sorry about the bad photography...my first attempt to take a picture of my shoes, haha. I wanted to take advantage of a credit I had and the AMEX $50 deal, although boot weather is just about gone. They fit perfectly and are very comfortable. The only little concern I have is that they are firsts and the lacing isn't completely straight on either shoe, but it could be that I have funny shaped upper insteps....

I'm thinking about adding a little "burnishing" to the front of the toes with some black shoe polish. Good or bad idea?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. HoldenMI

I'd bet that those are Hopkinsons with a v-tread sole. The poron insole, heel, and elongated cap-toe are just like the Hopkinson. The question is do they have the other features of the Indy line, such as lambskin lining and upgraded leather uppers.

3. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

I don't know. Looking at the top profile of the shoe, that looks like the 65 last to me (toe doesn't look pointy enough for the Hopkinson).

4. HoldenMI

You might be right, but the cap is definitely longer. I think that makes it look better than the PA.

5. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the Exchange Place is? Not a HR, BB, or CM exclusive from what I can tell. Looks like it might be on the 1943.

6. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Blue & bourbon for Friday.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

I asked the same question a few pages back, but no one seems to know. One of us should probably just call the CAC and ask.

8. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of the Bloor Street during the seconds sale a few months ago. I just held one up next to / underneath a PA (same size), and they are definitely the exact same overall shape. The cap on the Bloor is about 3/4 inch longer than the PA, and the overall length of the combination heel on the Bloor is about 3/8 inch shorter than the all-rubber heel on the PA. Between the shorter heel and the longer cap, the profile of the shoe is different. Also, the Bloor doesn't have the piping around the opening at the top of the shoe that the PA has -- in my opinion, this was a mistake, the piping would look better. The Bloor does not have the Independence lambskin lining. I can take some pictures of the Bloor if there is anything in particular that someone wants to see.

1 person likes this.
  9. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Daltons in bourbon for ubering in DC tonight. Can't wear a hoodie and jeans for that crowd.... ;)

5 people like this.
  10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

That's one of the best bourbons I've seen! Looking good. What are those trows???

11. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

One can filter by last # on the Shoebank website. Selected 1943 and there they were, so @naspratt was indeed correct. Dunno where it came from, tho.

1 person likes this.
  12. gm928

gm928 Well-Known Member

Well, I just tried that trick, and it turns out the Bloor Street is on the 201 last. The whole shape of the shoe still seems the same as a PA, but I guess they aren't really the same. I guess this makes the Bloors more like the Hopkinson than the PA, but without some of the Independence line features.

13. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

For a look at the soles on the BB's go back to my post the other day on the Oxblood Dundee's. I prefer the AE version. I would have to double check with one of my AE v-tread pairs, but I'm pretty sure the AE version is more flush with the test of the sole.

14. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I concur. Those are SWEET. You might even say, Uber-sweet.

15. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

Obliged! The pants are BR Heritage in linen.

16. Lobster33

Lobster33 Well-Known Member

It's probably a good thing for me that they no longer offer this color. They have the chili/brown ones still available for dirt cheap $107 in my size, but I'd much rather have the color you have.

I also kind of like the Rothsay's in olive. I hike a lot and these might be a good choice. Could justify the purchase by using that excuse. Something tells me they won't sell out soon since they've been up on shoebank a long time.

17. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

When I initially purchased the Freiburg they shipped me the tan version accidentally, which I exchanged for the russet. Absolutely no regrets - the russet color is killer. Wore these constantly throughout the winter. I can't believe they have the price down to 107. Word of warning though - like all 201-lasted bluchers, these run quite large. Went with my normal size and they "molded" to the correct shape over time but I need to use medium/heavy socks and initially they ripped up my heels pretty bad.

Just to point out - that Rothsay on shoebank isn't the same as the clearance one from the main site. It's the black Friday model with the soft gumlite - you wouldn't want to hike in that.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in the Hopkinson and/or Bartlett from this - I feel like I have a pretty good pulse as far as deals go and these seem to be a standout. 250 would be a great price. Maybe the Park Ave/Strand market is just too saturated already.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  19. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Well-Known Member

So, the Hopkinson has Poron?[​IMG]

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

According to the AE web site it has a leather insole.

The only independence insoles were so nice. I wonder if they still use the same ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.