1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

They are! They were definitely a bit lighter when I purchased them, but have darkened with wear. They were inexpensive seconds and I am definitely getting my money's worth. :slayer:

[​IMG]

2. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

I like those! How does the sizing compare to something like the Strand or Park Ave?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  3. whodey14

whodey14 Well-Known Member

How long does it typically take to receive an order from allen edmonds? Never have ordered online always in store.

4. CMT1

CMT1 Well-Known Member

I am an 11.5 D in the 5/65 Last, and my AE loafer size is 11 D. At least so far.

I could easily have gone up a half size and been fine, but when I tried them on I preferred the more snug feel of the 11 D.

5. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

Wore my Brogue Suede Stands today. Allen-Edmonds has stopped using "Brogue" Suede as a suede color term, probably because it might have confused some people. These are also some of the first A-E shoes that had Dainite soles and heels.

[​IMG]

(Yes, they were Seconds. Some of you might imagine that you see what's wrong. I don't see anything wrong when I am walking around wearing them.)

2 people like this.
  6. Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

Tried the Mora 2.0s on around the house last night, I'm afraid they're too short; my outer toes touch the edge when standing. Unfortunately there's no 14 A, and I think 14 B would be too wide.

7. feeble

feeble Active Member

Depends, one pair of shoes I ordered online was "in stock" and arrived after about a week.

A pair I ordered that had to be "handcrafted in about 2 weeks" was delivered in 3.

Another pair I ordered in store, and they had in stock but had to ship from a different store, took over 2 weeks.

Basically if it's in stock, plan on a week.

1 person likes this.
  8. whodey14

whodey14 Well-Known Member

Perfect, ordered the 5A and was just curious.

9. eagleman

eagleman Well-Known Member

The AE Boone's for a concert in Nashville. Every southern gentleman should have a pair.

10. armedferret

armedferret Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Daltons for date night.

5 people like this.
  11. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

MacNeil 2.0 maiden voyage. Off to hit the town and hope no one spills on them. Also hoping my sports bets hit :)
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

Went in to the AE store and walked out (metaphorically) with a pair of Dark Chili Fifth Avenue's. Two week backorder due to demand right now.

I did get the belt, trees and polish though, so now the dreaded countdown begins.

Place was crowded which was great to see.

13. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Yup. Even in the rain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Well-Known Member

I got the golden brown in Kirkwood, and the dark brown Maritime last year. I wish I had gotten golden brown in both.

1 person likes this.
  15. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

I did the opposite - dark brown Kirkwood and golden brown Maritime (and also a navy Maritime). I kinda wish I would've gone golden brown for both as well, but I still love my Kirkwoods anyway.

1 person likes this.
  16. david 112358

david 112358 Active Member

I'm still upset that I didn't pick up a pair when Nordstrom had them on sale two years ago.

17. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Anyone with the suede Dundee's (Loden/Olive specifically), which edge dressing do you use? AE website says brown, but I'm thinking the clear would be best if they are just a little dull and not seriously scuffed.

Thanks,

18. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Self-serving public announcement. I will be listing these 11 EEE Fairfax soon on Ebay. PM me if you are interested before they go to the general public.

[​IMG]

19. naspratt

naspratt Well-Known Member

For the many of you who are local to NYC; which is your favorite retail location? I'm going to be in town for my brother's graduation next month, and I figure buying him a nice pair of shoes is a great gift (and will give me a chance to order some shell Strands!). I know there's a few, but at least one of them is pretty small. Which has the best stock/staff?

20. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

I go to Madison Ave. There are two SAs there that I avoid, but the rest are great. I wouldn't recommend the Rockefeller Center store. The small store that you referred to, the 44th st store, is the #1 AE store globally in terms of sales (was told by an assistant manager).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.