1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

I'm wearing my Brown ones today and i also have the blue pair as well. IIRC, my brown Neumoks were the first AE pair i owned.

2. MUFCreddevil

MUFCreddevil Well-Known Member

Man! Decisions! I think I have to bite on the Fifths too.

Currently have:
    - Black PA
    - Bourbon Strand
    - Merlot McAllister

Adding:
    - Brown FA
    - Dk Chili FA

Then Walnut McAllisters when Nordstorm does there anniversary sale! :)

3. thecooldude33

thecooldude33 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pictures of my humble AE collection. From left to right (bottom picture)--Merlot Chester, Walnut Rutledge, Brown Burnished McGregor, Black Clifton, Black Montecito, Black Park Avenue. Next will be Walnut Strands.

2 people like this.
  4. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Your Walnut Rutledge almost looks like a Bob's Chili to my eye. Is that the lighting or did you do something to darken them up just a bit?

5. whodey14

whodey14 Well-Known Member

I see a Nordstrom anniversary sale being mentioned, is that usually pretty aggressive deals?

Are there any ways to get good deals I should know of? I'm pretty new to ae.

6. Newberry

Newberry Well-Known Member

Nordstrom has amazing deals during their anniversary sale. In last year's anniversary sale they had the AE Park Avenue, Strand and McAllister for $260 each (that's when I bought my PA shoes) and the Dalton boots for under $300.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  7. whodey14

8. Newberry

I believe it starts in mid July this year

9. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Called Shoebank to get the Mcgregors in my size for $137(a steal). James at the NJ location went and looked it over without me even asking and mentioned there was a leather scar on the face by the wing so I passed on that. Lucky I called though because he got me 1st quality Dk Chili for only $20 more! Arrived today and look great. Some light striping on the toe I can clean up with polish but perfect otherwise.

[​IMG]

Cheers to Thursday and shout out to James at NJ Shoebank.
    [​IMG]

There were talks about Dk brown vs Dk chili yesterday so here is a real comparison. Quite different in fact.

10. whodey14

I'll have to keep my eyes open. Any additional avenues?

Also are there any related acronyms or abbreviations I should know? I haven't run into much issue in this thread but certainly others.

11. Newberry

Those were the popular Allen Edmonds on sale. I can't remember at the moment which other ones they had on sale. Also if you like their belts, keep an eye out for the Manistee Belt. It retails for $120 and last year it was on sale for $80. I plan on buying the walnut color belt for my walnut Daltons. As far as acronyms, the only ones I know about are AE (Allen Edmonds), PA (Park Avenue) and FA (Fifth Avenue) because I'm also kind of new to AE shoes but I've learned a lot thanks to Styleforum.

12. harlequin782

harlequin782 Well-Known Member

You're aware of the Shoe bank for seconds, I take it?

13. whodey14

I see, thanks for your help. By avenues I meant other retailers just to clarify.

I am. I haven't purchased from the website but have bought most of mine locally at an outlet.

14. thecooldude33

thecooldude33 Active Member

Barto---
    Probably the lighting. The Rutledge Walnut color seems a bit different than the rest of the Walnut colored AEs though.

15. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Well-Known Member

Not AE, but I did get two compliments today on these and one person asked me if they are AE. And I am celebrating my 5th pair of AEs (olive shannon drive) arriving on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@harlequin782 So I checked my closet and you're absolutely right, the rush had a regular welt. I remember when I got it and the neumok - with the neumok being unlined I just wear it way more often since it is one of the rare 65s that actually works really well for me. Rush at is more like normal - pressure at the top, vgap, etc. You know how you know you're in trouble? When you wear dress shoes 5-6 days a week and you wear casual styles so infrequently you don't even remember what they look like. Would you believe I recently saw that I had a Shelton and I literally didn't even know I owned that?

1 person likes this.
  17. whodey14

[​IMG]

Today's pair, University in walnut.

4 people like this.
  18. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

Negative. Post pictures here first. Then brush and go. :)

(That's what I did with my strands)

1 person likes this.
  19. RichieP

Those. Are. Farking. Awesome! How are these $249?
    Yeah but if he makes his girlfriend mad enough, that may be the only body part that is. :rimshot:

3 people like this.
  20. RichieP

You filthy barnweasel! When did you do that? Thought you were still undecided.

I saw a walnut pair pop up on the bank in my size last week. Was soooo tempted. Thankfully, someone snagged them this week.

I wonder where they're coming from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.