1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Those look to be a little lighter oxblood than I have seen. (and a little less purplish) I like!

2. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Well-Known Member

That doesn't look too bad. If they're firsts, I would return them. If they are seconds, consider yourself lucky and enjoy them.

3. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Where did she purchase them, and are they firsts or seconds? As this will effect the threads answers.

4. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

Thanks, actually they're firsts

5. Moose22

Moose22 Well-Known Member

Oh Em Gee... I finally got shipping notice on my shoes!

Remember, I ordered a pair of "Mocha boxanil" shoes at the thanksgiving sale just over 3 months ago and got a pair that had so much bowing in the throat I could slip out of them without untying them. And the heels were WAY off. Bummer, as I really wanted to fill a dark brown hole in my wardrobe, and the color of those shoes was really lovely.

After a month, they told me they couldn't get the leather to make another pair, so offered me any OTHER shoe in the regular line. So I told them Dark Brown Burnished Cornwallis. That'll go with nice pants of almost any color.

So, I've been waiting since the new year for my shipment. Talked and emailed with Melissa a few times with "they should go out next week" in response. And here we are! Finally! A shipping notice!

Behold!
    [​IMG]

Ugh. Have you ever felt like you are in a Jerry Lewis movie, and you should laugh, but you don't because you're not French?

6. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

I should've included it in the post, they're actually firsts. Ok I guess I'll take them back. Too bad because I was looking forward to wearing the them to work. They're 9.5 B's so they'll have to be ordered in Edit: she ordered them from our local AE who had them shipped next day.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dark chili McA's look good with denim.

8. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

The main reason I asked was because if returning them would be a hassle (like having to return mail), I would have to think about it. Not many people will ever see that wrinkle unless you are sitting cross legged. But, if it bothers you and they are firsts, absolutely return.

9. redmusic1

redmusic1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't send them back, but I understand.

10. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Thats AE for ya. Great customer service... and no one running q.c./final inspection/overview

11. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

I kind of feel the same way that they're not that noticeable unless I'm sitting cross legged or something. It only kind of bothers me, outweighed by the hassle of having to return and wait for a new shipment. I think I might just enjoy these. Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

Those look great - I like them a lot

13. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking I'll probably just keep them so I can get to wearing them :satisfied: Based on feedback it seems to not be too big an issue

14. Moose22

I don't buy the great customer service bit.

They took two weeks to process my return and a month to figure out that they couldn't make me my shoes. I very carefully chose "in stock" shoes and it has been a month and a half before they ship the wrong things.

I am starting to think someone screwed the pooch on the inventory control and they are shipping me the wrong color just to shut me up for 3 more weeks.

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

LOL...I remember saying I would never pay for a pay for Vibergs, then I bought a second hand pair as I would never pair retail, then I bought a pair on sale as I never would buy one retail, then I bought one on pre-order since that is not retail and the makeup would not be available, then I paid over standard retail for a unique makeup, then i paid for a pair of shell that I swore I never would do....

4 people like this.
  16. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

So my wife bought me a Harris Tweed cap that is the exact same material as the black Shaker Heights boot. Does anyone know where I can get a black Shaker Heights in 12 EEE?

1 person likes this.
  17. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Maybe you can squeeze into the 11EEE currently up on ebay?

18. Moose22

Dude, nobody -- nobody -- is going to notice that. Unless you're one of those hipsters who rolls up his pants so he looks like he's waiting for a flood, it's going to be at or under the cuff. People are going to see the toe and the vamp, the edge, and the laces.

Personally, I'd send it back. But just because I am a jerk. And I'm thinking of how I can make my experiences with AE customer service into a drinking game.

If you love the fit, and the rest of the shoes look great, keep them.. Honestly, nobody but another shoe guy looks that closely at what you're wearing. It's a hidden flaw. The kind of thing only another shoe guy will ever notice, and only because you point it out to him when showing off your new score. Besides, it's likely in the next year you're going to step on a concrete stair or something and scuff the heel anyway.

19. tharkun

tharkun Well-Known Member

I think they might even be having a few more issues currently. They were fixing up my Sauk Drive. Once they finally contacted me to tell me what they would have to fix they said it would take 5-7 business days to do. I asked them where they were at after about a month. Got a reply the next day that they were done and a shipping notification just a tad later. Coincidence that I asked on the day they had them ready? I think they just forgot to ship them.

Also, how are their photos? The "after" shot shows a completely different color than the "before". The before russet brown looked almost red but their after shot looks almost brown burnished. I hope their photos just suck ;) Any experience with that? Well I guess I'll see tmr when I pick them up at FedEx.

20. frankmartin

frankmartin Well-Known Member

Can we have a separate Allen Edmonds seconds "do these look good enough to keep" thread? One that one can choose to read (or not).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.