1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manowar

manowar Well-Known Member

Man those Players 2.0 in brown grain are terrific. It's excellent they are planning on returning a shortwing (Player 2.0) to the mainstream as it seems that has been a gaping hole in their offerings, unless you were to go with the Dalton or Long Branch boots. The Daltons have never tempted me until I saw them in store and tried them on - very difficult to say no to them as they were only $200 on clearance locally!

By the way, I am impressed with the Madison Parks at Nordstrom for less that $250. Solid. Limited sizing, so act quickly! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/madison-park-oxford/4185531 Anybody know what last they are on?

Unfortunate creasing on your walnut McGregors there, I would return them if the leather doesn't even out. I am real happy with my Dainite McGregor seconds, best of luck on finding an acceptable pair! As for the Larchmont, I would say no unless you are into the fashion-forward contemporary style of the squared toe. I don't even like the Leiden honestly, the McGregor earns my vote any day.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maiden voyage for my dark chili PAs today. Picked up a slightly used matching AE belt on eBay for $40.

I love the color of these shoes.

3 people like this.
  3. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Like a Bawse! Those are sweet for $40. Were they 2nd's?

4. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

Belt was $40. PAs are firsts that were replacements for an ill fitting bourbon pair I picked up during the RDA sale last year.

5. barto78

barto78 Well-Known Member

Ahh...reading malfunction on my part. I was super jealous of you if you picked those shoes up for $40 on eBay. Either way, looking good.

6. DapperDriver

DapperDriver Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got to watch my son during my lunch while the wife got her hair done. New (to me) Fairfax in chili.

I've avoided the temptation to buy used shoes from eBay, but I've had an infatuation with this model, and seeing that it's out of production I took a chance. So far the previous owner seems to have made impressions in the footbeds that agree with me. Already got a compliment on them.

[​IMG]

Thought this might warrant a photo. It's a shoe valet that my grandfather made for my father when he was a boy. Obviously too small for my 11.5D's, but it'll make a nice supply caddy until my son is using it.

1 person likes this.
  7. menswear2613

menswear2613 Member

Used the college discount and snagged the McAllister In Walnut! Purchased AE and loving them![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

Not sure if already mentioned, but other lasts have been added in the search feature on the Shoe Bank site.

9. catlettsl

catlettsl Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

AI hate to mention it but since I can't cop these why not pass it on. Walnut Players in 13 on the Bank.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

Cheap carpet, nice shoes.
    A Merlot maiden voyage;
    eBay Hopkinson.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

About to head to the gym when I get that all too familiar quick knock/followed by steps leaving. First up, Patriot in brown, keeper. Second Ascher in oxblood, keeper. Third (and my favorite color sadly) Cavanaugh in chocolate suede. The 9s in the non suede choked my feet something bad. So these are 9.5. Sadly too much heel slippage. These could be the first pair I send back to the bank. More sad is they don't have a 9 in chocolate suede, but they do have the stone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Has AE ever made some minimalist mocs that are: unlined. leather soled (pref. thin leather sole). Basically looking for a high-quality slip on house shoe. Camp moc or eyelet style. Made in DR ok.

13. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

Tongue pad for the Cavanaughs? I couldn't get my foot into a 9.5 Randolph and 10 gave me heel slip. My SA showed me the tongue pad trick and voila they stay in place!

1 person likes this.
  14. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Well-Known Member

@peppercorn78 As promised, I tracked down the first usage of "filthy barnweasels" on the forum.

Here's the first post.

Here's the first example of someone embracing it.

Everything after that is from the barnweasels running with it.

And, as always, I thank all of you filthy barnweasels for enabling me in my pursuit of shoes-I-don't-need-but-really-want.

I keep waiting for something really awesome to pull the trigger on, but it just hasn't popped up yet.

5 people like this.
  15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

For the love of all that's good and pure, keep your virgin eyes off of the Vass or Enzo Bonafe threads. Those weasels will eat ALL the eggs in your henhouse...

16. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Just got an email update about my Hinsdale loafers being recrafted. Unfortunately they didnt change the sole type (or the pic they sent isnt my shoe). Either way :fu:

17. BL70

BL70 Well-Known Member

End of the day in hotel. Thought I'd post a gratuitous shoe/watch shot.

[​IMG]

18. BL70

BL70 Well-Known Member

Got oddly excited when noticed someone wearing walnut strands at a bar earlier. I think I need therapy.

2 people like this.
  19. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Omega? Not a Speedy triple date as I only see date and no day and not a Reduced because those are 3, 6, 9 configuration.

20. stifler

stifler Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.