1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichieP

RichieP Well-Known Member

I'm going with: What. The. Actual. F***?

2 people like this.
  2. cc808314

cc808314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, I will keep that in mind.

3. cc808314

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

4. jet-stream

jet-stream Well-Known Member

Solid.

5. metals37

metals37 Active Member

I (briefly) had a pair that had the same creasing on the vamp, and misaligned eyelets like yours seems to have. They were supposed to be firsts so I sent them back, but I think this might have been one of the issues with the pattern they used on the shoe.

6. aero25

aero25 Well-Known Member

Where does he get such marvelous toys?

7. SLCRich

SLCRich Well-Known Member

Funny you bring that up. I legit have t rex arms. It's all about that product placement...

1 person likes this.
  8. nqtri

nqtri Well-Known Member

Saving up for a pair of balmoral boots but then I stumbled on these Neumoks for half of web price at an outlet. You know what happened next [​IMG] at least these will have better use for spring/ summer than the boots.

[​IMG]

On a side note, I also tried on a pair of old gen. Neumoks in red. I noticed they had thicker leather upper than the one I bought (a lot especially at the tongue). I don't know if that means lower quality for the new gen. Neumoks though.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    5 people like this.
  9. aero25

aero25 Well-Known Member

Nice! I like those a lot. Eventually I'll justify the purchase.

10. FaRKle

FaRKle Well-Known Member

Yup. Can't say it's really different than any of my other AEs.

11. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

I vote for: Wait til they get a load of me.

12. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    LOL. Thanks for all the comments. PM me if you are a size 14 and think you can pull off wearing them with style.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  13. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@cc808314 I agree with the others - the varno is basically a casual Leeds. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you're looking for. I'd take those reviews with a grain of salt - most fall into the category of 1) an anomaly where there was a quality issue or 2) someone got a really bad fit and wants to make a big deal to get a refund.

14. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

I really wanted this shoe and color. I'm going to return them. There is not another pair in walnut available. My choices are either the McGregor in brown, or the Larchmont in walnut (or bourbon).
    Thoughts? Suggestions?

15. cc808314

@Neo1 thanks! Might give it a shot.

16. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Another dead day on campus, and my last day of work for the week, so its casual Tuesday for me. Light denim (AE says they must be rolled "this spring"), brown CXL kirkwood and no-show socks. This pair is a little loose on me, as I went with my 5-last size. For my other Kirks/Maris I went down from D to B. Wonder if they make the Sea Island in C?

Now, back to work... on my bracket!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Neo1

Neo1 Well-Known Member

@mreams99 I was sort of in the same boat as you regarding wanting that style, but didn't want to deal with the 65 fit of the McGregor. Ultimately got the player 1.0 in walnut and Larchmont in brown. The Player is outstanding - fits me like a glove, looks great. Don't get me wrong - I love the Larchmont, it fits roomy but very comfortably, just something about the long length and squared off toe just turns me off. So id say my top choices would be the Madison Park and/or the player 2, followed by the Larchmont. I actually did try the bourbon a while ago - if you feel like rolling the dice and potentially getting a pair with that striping, the bourbon looked better to me, but the walnut's probably less risky. Based on the 65 blucher fit, no way id want a McGregor.

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Those look pristine! I'm beating the hell out of my kirkwoods. No shoe trees and prolly brushed them once. Trying to see how CXL ages with some serious abuse.

19. smfdoc

smfdoc Well-Known Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Taking the Lauderdales out after working them over with VSC.

[​IMG]

20. middlepP

middlepP Well-Known Member

Thanks, @coolarrow . These are relatively new AND had about 5 minutes of brushing last night.
    I tend to treat mine like crap too. Its amazing how nicely the CXL bounces back with a damp cloth and light brushing. I did learn the hard way that they are worth treeing. Luckily the liner came out in both feet, so they were shipped back for replacements. Trees from now on!

I like them so much, I have my eye on the Sea Island. Though I am seriously considering the red Kirk 2nds - with the intention of darkening them like crazy to resemble a dark chili. Not even sure if that is possible with CXL, but at that low price...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.