1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Roger la Rock

Roger la Rock Well-Known Member

Wurger, you make the Charlton's look so much better than on AFPOS. The leather has a lovely glow to it. Seriously tempted.

2. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Thanks roger, I did polish it prior to the photo shoot, but I think it's more due to the setting sun in the afternoon.

3. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Well-Known Member

Not to undermine your polishing skills Wurger, but do you, like me, find that the Sydney sun is particularly kind to dark tan? They can seem underwhelming indoors but glow outside.

4. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

I sure do

5. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Alfred Sargent Exclusive - HERRICK Suede Semi Brogue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. 02///M3

02///M3 Well-Known Member

Can anybody comment on sizing the 99 last? I'm an 11.5 D in most US shoes (including Allen Edmonds on the 97 last), but some of my shoes that show euro sizing are 45.

There is a pair of AS on the 99 last I'm really interested in, but they are listed as size 11UK/45EU, so I'm concerned they'll be a half size too big.

If anybody with knowledge of 99 last could chime in I'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks much.

7. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

It may depend on the shoe. I am a 9.5US and have two pairs of double monks on the 99 last in 9UK. They fit pretty well, but if it was a loafer I would need a 8.5UK.

8. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I have the AS Charlton on the 99 last in a UK9. I'm a UK9 in all my AS and C&Js, US9.5D in Alden Barrie last, and US10E in most AE laced shoes (10D in loafers). The 99 last fits me fine, although maybe a touch tight around my pinky toes. I could have perhaps gone up to a UK9.5 in the 99 last, but I suspect they would have been a bit too large. YMMV.

9. 02///M3

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Much appreciated. Sounds like I'm most likely a 10.5UK, but could probably make the 11UK work. Just remembered I have a pair of C&J Chilterns in 10.5UK that are very slightly too small. Maybe I will stop by Leffot and see if they'll let me try a pair on the 99 last just to get an idea of sizing.

10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Not to throw in a wrench but I actually size up half on the 99 compared to other lasts on AS. I could fit into it but it is really tight (and the shoe was a wholecut).

11. Winterrise

Winterrise New Member

Need help... I was considering a Moore,but not sure about size. I have a EG,f82 last in 8.5 fits me quite well. I have Allen Edmonds in 9E fits me ok. So if I chose Moore, should I chose a724 last in 8.5 or 9? Thanks!

12. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

I wear EG 82 lasts in UK8 (tight) and AS 724 also in UK8 (roomier). Both in standard width.

13. 02///M3

Thanks again all for the help with sizing. Ended up rolling the dice and I think it was worth it. They are slightly too big, but I think a half size down would have been slightly too small. Definitely livable, particularly for the price. Figure I have to post some pics now, so here are two quick ones. Apologies in advance for my bad photo skills. Psyched to feel a little James Bond-ish at my wedding wearing English shoes with my tux.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

I wear a US9D and bought the Moore in a UK8 on the 724 last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Well-Known Member

Do AS produce narrow (UK D/US C) width in 724?

16. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

17. Winterrise

Winterrise New Member

Thanks a lot! Seems AS is half size larger than EG

18. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

S has pretty standard UK sizes, it's just EG is half a size smaller

19. OREO

OREO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Alfred Sargent Stiles made for Herring shoes. I'v had my eye on them for a while and i found them on 1/2 price sale

2 people like this.
  20. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Well-Known Member

Hey all, Can anyone tell me how the last on the Jcrew AS double monks fit? True to Size? Narrow, Wide? I'm new to AS and thinking about picking up a pair.

Thanks