1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

Well done! Mine are breaking in good as well, heel slip is becoming less of an issue after 3 full-day wears. Very pleased... the squeak reappeared at the end of the last wear however... time for more conditioning I think.

2. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Day 2 after a cutback on the left toecap and use of oxblood Collonil Diamond crème followed by Angelus Mahogany wax.

[​IMG]

3. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

First wear. Acquired by the lovely folks at AFPOS:

[​IMG]

4. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Very nice.

Unfortunately by the time I thought about getting a pair they didn't have any left in my size.

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Great variety! No high boots? Really thinking of cutting back my smart shoes as I don't get to wear them as often as I'd like.

6. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Very nice.

I'm surprised you have so many in black.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  7. SuitedDx

Black is definitely underrated. My fiance likes the fancy colors of my EGs and Aldens but she always favors my black footwear.

8. greasymonkey

greasymonkey Well-Known Member

i think is not underrated but black just seems to work better for business environment; whilst brown,chestnut, burgundy and other colours cuts across with more versatility and not too formal.

9. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

I am the opposite, I wear dress shoes during the working week, and there is no time to wear boots. we have a short winter in Sydney, and I only got to wear my chukkas about 4 times this year, and don't see myself wearing it for some time.

10. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Yes, Black really brings out the shine in the shoes, and is the most appropriate for business, I never have to think twice about the meetings I am going to have on a particular day if I decided to wear black shoes in the morning.

11. Northampton21

Northampton21 Well-Known Member

Here in the UK it's quite the opposite due to the wet weather I find myself wearing mostly boots. Even in the hot weather they seem to breathe well as my feet don't feel suffocated. Maybe I'll get some Pimlicos some day ;)

12. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

can't go wrong with 2 eye plain toe derby, they are so elegant!

13. SuitedDx

Anyone had any shoes resoled by AS yet? Curious to see their work. A couple of posts in the EG and C&J threads shows the excellent refurbishing job they provide and I wonder how well AS does theirs.

14. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

I would like the answer to AS resole work too. Are AS particular in choosing which shoes they would repair (i.e. do they repair a shoe which was repaired before by others?)

15. SuitedDx

Most manufacturers are conservative about refurbishing shoes that have been already resoled by another cobbler. Some are fine with heels being replaced... Don't know anything about AS' resole quality or if they even treat the uppers in the process.

16. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

Thanks. Currently debating whether to topy the Moore to make it last longer or take a risk and wear it as is... [​IMG]

17. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Well-Known Member

AS do offer a full refurbishment for £90 plus shipping for a new Exclusive sole and heel. This is definitely the best treat you can give your loved AS shoes, as they put them back on the original last and they get soled as a brand new pair would through the factory.

They would inspect the shoes first to make sure no damage had been done internally by another repairer first before commencing.

We offer this service via AS as well, and we can get flush toe plates fitted at the same time.

18. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

Good to know

19. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. :)

20. Harrydog

Harrydog Well-Known Member

I was rather disappointed in my Radwell boots. The color really came out of one of the shoes when I polished them. For what ever reason the color didn't really set. Could see that the laces had rubbed it off the tongue. When polished with brown paste wax many light patches appeared on the shoes. Didn't
    want the hassle of mailing them back to the UK, so I sent them out locally to have them redyed. Meant to take pictures, but.....

Hope to see them salvaged.