1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitedDx, Jun 11, 2012.

1. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

I am bit old school, and while a brown suede shoes is perfectly fine with grey suits in most occasions, but it's a bit too casual for a wedding, it is still an important ceremonial occasion.

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Combo also works but since you're in the party, I'd turn down the dandy since the special day belongs to the couple. Moores after a couple of miles of pavement (untreated): [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

^
    Is the color accurate in your pic? Looks more red than the previous entry. Either way I like it...

4. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Probably just depends on the lighting.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  5. SuitedDx

Yeah, definitely one of those harder colors to describe but the redness does come out. When I get the chance I'll take a pic of it next to my Inverness and Wigmore to get a better idea of the color. Excellent and definitely not too light at all for me.

6. MRMstl

MRMstl Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. For the record, the groom will be wearing burgundy Carmina adelaides (my wedding gift to him) and a similar MTM BB 3 piece suit. So, I def won't be outdressing him. The main issue is...are dark brown suede shoes appropriate for a groomsman? Sounds like we have a mixed bag. Thanks for all your replies.

EDIT: The wedding is labor day weekend, Aug 31 in Cleveland.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  7. tcideneb

tcideneb Well-Known Member

Hanks
    Not at all chunky. It has a nice assymetric shape, classic but sleek and elegant IMO. Not a great pic, but....http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/860049/width/200/height/400[/IMG[QUOTE="Swede66, post: 6425963, member: 0"]
    Not at all chunky. It has a nice assymetric shape, classic but sleek and elegant IMO. Not a great pic, but....[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/860049/width/200/height/400[/QUOTE]

Thanks

8. tcideneb

Thanks, nice shot!

9. MWhite1244

MWhite1244 New Member

New here but I'd figured I'd give you guys a heads up and make some contribution instead of lurking since the forum has helped so much.

J Lindeberg in NY has a 30% discount on all Alfred Sargent shoes. They end up right under $500 before tax.

Sales guy was named Jonathan and was pretty knowledgable on the brand. I got the brown single monk and they're the 99 last. He said if I knew anyone out of state that might be interested in em that they can email the store at soho@jlindeberg.com and he can ship out.

I'm not getting anything out of this so I hope it's ok to post, it was a good deal and I figured it won't hurt to pass along.

Here's a pic I took of their selection.
    [​IMG]

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

You found a good deal, thanks for the heads up

11. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Pimlico Black in action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SuitedDx

Surprised to hear J. Lindeberg carries AS... who would have thought. I guess with Herring, J. Crew, and other brands I shouldn't be surprised who Chay has been collaborating with.

Pimlico looks great! I much like them on the 109 compared to the 106 which I think they might have been made on some time ago; I think they were Gdot's. Come to think of it, I wonder how he's doing. Haven't seen him on for a while.

This is probably more a credit to Springline than AS but I have to say the double barrel and 3 piece shoe trees are excellent! Lasted are definitely better than the 1 size fits all of C&J and EG.

13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Very nice, I need a pair of these. Barney's has temporarily derailed my AS ambitions :)

14. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Well-Known Member

Apparently collaborating with everyone and everything but our MTOs from October of last year. :freeze:

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

16. tcideneb

Hi, where's the best place to by AS shoes? I know a fine pair of shoes stock them but any others to recommend within UK?

Thanks

17. ElementHU

ElementHU Well-Known Member

18. fcarsenal85

fcarsenal85 Member

Received my AS Moore in Oxblood from AFPOS, they were fantastic to deal with!

The shoes itself are gorgeous. More brown than I would have expected, look forward to polish them with saphir's burgundy wax to give it a little reddish tint.

Will try to post some pictures in the coming days!

19. heelguy

heelguy Well-Known Member

I highly recommend AFPOS. Ordered my Moores in Cherry Sunday morning and got my package Tuesday in DC with a couple of goodies thrown in. Amazing deal and service.

20. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Don't forget, besides they're on sale at AFPOS.

But yes great service, as I also got mine within a matter of a couple of days.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013