1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alden split toe shell bluchers w/ black soles?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sgtech, Oct 4, 2006.

1. sgtech

sgtech Member

Hi,
    Just received a pair of Alden split toe bluchers (model 2451) in black from an online dealer and was a bit surprised that the soles are black rather than tan.

Is this correct for these shoes?

many thanks,
    Charles

2. well-kept

well-kept Well-Known Member

Alden... Black upper = black sole.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

yup. alden does this for their black shoes.

4. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

They also won't be marked as shell anywhere but in the insole. And that will wear off in about ten wearings. Strange.

5. well-kept

well-kept Well-Known Member

The Alden shells that I have bought have been stamped as such on the outsole, not the innersole.

6. Thurston

Thurston Well-Known Member

The Alden shells that I have bought have been stamped as such on the outsole, not the innersole.

You are absolutely correct. My bad. It does become illegible after a few wearings.