1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alden sizing, again

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me about the Barrie last? I have a pair of Norweigan cordovan laceups on the Aberdeen last in 9 1/2 E (Normally I wear 9 1/2 D in everything, but on the advice of The Alden Shop, I bought the Norweigans in 9 1/2E). Now, I am looking at a pair of plain toe bluchers, and The Alden Shop people recomend I get a 9E, that sounds preposterous, but then again, they should know their stuff. Does that sound out of left field to anyone?

2. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

Barrie's a big last. I would certainly go down half a size if you're going to wear it with the same socks as your split-toe Aberdeens, but I think that I would stick with the D width rather than the E.

3. JFK

JFK Well-Known Member

As jcusey says, the Barrie last runs big; I wear a 9 1/2 D in the Hampton last (in calfskin), but a 9E in the Barrie (in cordovan); the fit is virtually identical between them.