1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by kgmessier, Jun 6, 2011.

1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

I'll be interested in the cigar tanker - Barrie last, commando sole, 360 or 270 degree flat welt, all eyelets, flat waxed laces (grey?)
    +1. Sounds awesome.

2. hefner

hefner Well-Known Member

I'd be in for the Ravello cap toe or perforated cap toe boot in Barrie. I *might* be up for the whiskey Indy, but it would have to be machine stitched.

I thought Alden DC already has the cigar cap toe boot or straight tip boot, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for getting this started!

3. Stokely

Stokely Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to cut myself off at some point. There are a lot of great suggestions. Again, I say a Sourmash Indy.

4. Beaniecooper

Beaniecooper Member

Please include me for the Ravello Cap Toe Boot. Thanks.

5. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the Ravello Cap Toe Boot on the Plaza last with no speed hooks for the sake of versatility. I'd like to wear them with wool dress pants and speed hooks seem to catch on and rip/damage the inner seams of the pants. For the price these will probably cost I don't want to be limited to just wearing them with jeans.

Oh, and with hidden eyelets to make it dressier.

6. colins

colins Well-Known Member

Interested in:

MTO02. Ravello Cap Toe Boot
    Details: Barrie last, flex or double waterlock sole, full eyelets, antique sole edging

7. kit99bar

kit99bar Well-Known Member

I would be in for a Ravello Chukka boot

8. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Well-Known Member

Can someone post those pictures of the ravello captoes again, the ones in really good light? They were here and deleted for some reason...

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

I would be in for a Ravello Chukka boot

Check with Shoemart. They may have your size already.

10. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in a cigar cap toe boot in the plaza last

11. iotan

iotan Well-Known Member

I am interested (but not 100% decided yet) in the Ravello Captoe Boot, but to switch things up I would strongly prefer a last other than the Barrie, probably Plaza or maybe even Grant. I second earlier detail suggestions of antique sole edging and the double waterlock sole.

12. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

Whiskey Indy for me too. Either commando or leather sole.

Ravello cap toe boot also. Prefer any last over Barrie.

13. batibot

batibot New Member

Hi,
    I'm just wondering how long before group buy purchases are normally received? I'm only going to be in the US next month for about a fortnight and would like to pick these boots up while I'm there. =]

Interested in Grant Captoe Boot - Ravello.

14. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm just wondering how long before group buy purchases are normally received? I'm only going to be in the US next month for about a fortnight and would like to pick these boots up while I'm there. =] Interested in Grant Captoe Boot - Ravello.
    Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Once the order is placed, it generally takes at least 6-9 months for the boots to be made up. Right now, we're just narrowing down ideas, we haven't even gotten a vendor to say "yes" to placing the order yet. It takes a while to organize a large group order, I would be surprised if we even have the orders placed by the time you come and go.

15. batibot

batibot New Member

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Once the order is placed, it generally takes at least 6-9 months for the boots to be made up. Right now, we're just narrowing down ideas, we haven't even gotten a vendor to say "yes" to placing the order yet. It takes a while to organize a large group order, I would be surprised if we even have the orders placed by the time you come and go.

No worries then, thanks for letting me know. Guess I'm out of it then lol. Good luck with it.

16. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

pls put me in for Ravello cap toe and cigar cap toe (if barrie last)

17. kgmessier

kgmessier Well-Known Member

I think we're at a point where we can finalize at least two boot designs. Based on initial feedback, it looks like the most popular boots are a whiskey Indy boot on the Trubalance last with a commando sole, and a Ravello cap toe boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole. For the Indy boot, there's still a question of hooks vs. full eyelets and machine vs. hand stitching. For the cap toe boot, there's a leaning toward full eyelets.

If you are on the list for either of these boots and are OK with the last and sole choices, please PM me regarding your preference for the other details (hooks/no hooks, stitching, welts, etc.). I will use those PM responses to put together the final designs.

If you are not OK with the last and sole choices, please let me know so I can remove you from the interest list.

There has been talk of a third design, and a few have shown interest in a cigar boot, but there has not been consensus on general style and other details. My personal preference is for a jumper boot in cigar, but I'd also be interested in a cigar wing tip boot. The latter seems like a good way to round out the trio, as we have an Indy and a cap toe already. Thoughts?

- K

18. Grainer

Grainer Active Member

I am interested in the Ravello Cap Toe Boot, please add me to the interest list. - Thanks.

19. Renton

Renton Well-Known Member

There has been talk of a third design, and a few have shown interest in a cigar boot, but there has not been consensus on general style and other details. My personal preference is for a jumper boot in cigar, but I'd also be interested in a cigar wing tip boot. The latter seems like a good way to round out the trio, as we have an Indy and a cap toe already. Thoughts?

- K

A cigar wingtip boot sounds like an excellent idea.

20. CHRK33

CHRK33 Well-Known Member

A cigar wingtip boot sounds like an excellent idea.
    I would be 100% in for a cigar wingtip boot in preferably plaza (but would be open to alternatives) with commando sole. And full eyelets. And antique edge. (basically copying Thor's styling of his new boot on the Alden thread [​IMG]).