1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alden MTO Boot Group Order via Alden DC

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by 0waterbouys, Jun 12, 2012.

1. andrewmrsid

andrewmrsid Well-Known Member

Any interest in a natural chromexcel tanker boot? I have one coming down the pipeline for fall and would be glad to try to add any specific sizing.

2. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

I am interested in Indy 405 burnished tan

3. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Well-Known Member

How does this thread not have like 1000 pages?! Is this program still live?

4. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

it's been a couple years I think since I've been in this thread, but I'm pretty sure nothing ever came to fruition from the various (shell) makeups proposed

5. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Well-Known Member

Man that sucks. Wonder what it is with Alden and rare shell. Seems other GMTOs can get it without incident.

6. MansardRoof

MansardRoof Well-Known Member

I'm assuming it's all headed to Japan, Korea and Europe because that's where it is most profitable.

7. andrewmrsid

I was just speaking with my friends at Alden, who said due to the added difficulties in tanning shell into other colors, the cost goes up significantly. They seem to want to stick to the more readily available and economical colors, I can order any color but cigar or ravello can take years to get.

8. Sam5p

Sam5p Active Member

I would be interested in doing an Alden Tanker Boot in 379x military last? Is that possible?

9. MansardRoof

MansardRoof Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the 379x gets so limited distribution here in the states. It's very comfortable and looks amazing.

10. andrewmrsid

I haven't seen that before, do you have any images?

11. z8k1n

z8k1n Well-Known Member

a few pics of 379x tanker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Sam5p

Sam5p Active Member

Looks great! Would really love to do an MTO for these.

13. andrewmrsid

That's a cool boot for sure, similar to the natural chromexcel tanker I did on a Barrie, but I might like that color better. I'm definitely going talk to Alden about that. Thanks for sharing those!