1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Air Ticket

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jmswentworth, Jun 8, 2005.

1. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Well-Known Member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    I need to go:

London-Tokyo-Hawaii-Los Angeles-Atlanta-Toronto-NYC-London

I have tried round-the-world fares, but these seem to cater for those whom;

a)\tWant to stop in Aus/NZ
    b)\tHave more stops that what I need (as the US and Canada portion can be booked as a US Multi-stop section)

Does anyone have any ideas how to go about getting the best fare? I have considered buying Tokyo return from London, and then throwing the return sector, and buying an rtw. from Tokyo, getting my N. American stops (and Hawaii) in it, and once I get back to London I can throw the rest of the sectors/ or use it another time in the future. Nevertheless, this seems like rater a waste; there must be a better option, yet now, this is the most cost effective solution.

My only time constraint is that I need to be in Toronto between the 18-24 of August, all the other appointments are flexible in the beginning of August.

Any ideas or opinions would be apriciated.

EDIT: I want a Buisness Class ticket, and I would not mind driving from Toronto to NYC.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

3. jmswentworth

The travel agents in UK are quoting me a fair of about 7,000 GBP, Buisness Class.

If I do as I said above, and buy part of the ticket in London, and part in Tokyo, it will cost me 5,000 GBP.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

orbitz or cheap tickets?

5. jmswentworth

I will try those, as of yet I have only tried expedia UK, and the fare was stupid.

Although I do think that Orbitz is for US residents only.

6. Jill

Jill Well-Known Member

Depends on how much time you need in each place. If each stop is really just a "stop" for a brief meeting, then you could accomplish this with simple routing. If on the other hand, you need to spend a night or more in each place, then it won't be so easy. Try www.flyertalk.com. Those guys over there are insanely adept at this stuff. Based on today's fares, however, I don't think you're doing too bad for a rtw itinerary. $5K for B is pretty darned good. A simple RT from Dallas to Italy right now is $1700 in COACH.

7. jmswentworth

5k pounds not dollars; that's about $9500